Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turn Up the Volume! Mishimoto's Fiesta ST Cat-Back Exhaust Development

TheStig

I want to be the dick that blows the Bell Curve by saying i want a single 4" turn down tip [deviltail]

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I'm sure Mishi and others have done back pressure tests but I can't see 3" have a huge benefit on a 1.6l.
Various manufacturers have done testing and shown that there is power to be had by switching from 2 1/2" to 3", especially on a modded FiST. Even though it's a 1.6, it is pushing a lot of boost. Back pressure is the enemy of boost. MBRP only has a 3" version because they state it makes more power than the 2 1/2" so they saw no point in offering a 2 1/2".

Etyrnus

I want to be the dick that blows the Bell Curve by saying i want a single 4" turn down tip [deviltail]
Catless straight pipe exiting behind the front passenger wheel...friend of mine had that set up on an SRT-4. Sounded evil, kinda wonder what the .8 liter smaller FiST would sound like...

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #28
Did someone say... sound clip?

We managed to grab a quick clip of the engineers pulling the Fiesta ST out of our facility to do some road testing. Asked them to give us a couple revs so we can hear the Fiesta roar! Stay tuned for the results of road testing as well as more updates to come.

[video=youtube;yWEQ71U28ZI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWEQ71U28ZI[/video]

Have a great weekend guys!
-Sara

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #29
Thanks, Sara! I have Mishi products on my e30 BMW and am following all of your Fiesta products. ;)
Nice! Thanks for your continuing support!

I think rolled, polished tips would look better, even if they were offered as an option. 300 series stainless steel components is a must. Please make sure this system doesn't drone, and that the exhaust tips are far away from the rear bumper so as not to burn the bumper opening. Most of us already have aftermarket exhausts, so the Cobb and FSWERKs cat back exhausts are the ones to beat.I think its great you guys are making lots of parts for the FiST. Keep up the good work.[wiggle]
Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate you sharing and I will definitely pass your suggestions on to the rest of the team.

Yeah Mishimoto!! Can't wait to hear it [popcorn]
Subbed for sound clip[clap]
Posted! Enjoy [popcorn]
-Sara

koozy

3000 Post Club
Various manufacturers have done testing and shown that there is power to be had by switching from 2 1/2" to 3", especially on a modded FiST. Even though it's a 1.6, it is pushing a lot of boost. Back pressure is the enemy of boost. MBRP only has a 3" version because they state it makes more power than the 2 1/2" so they saw no point in offering a 2 1/2".
1. MBRP is not a true 3" from the flange. It necks down to match the stock down pipe.
2. COBB, in their exhaust development for the stock turbo found that power was inconsistent with 3" and more consistent and smooth with the 2.5".

Izzy

Not sold on the sound yet...need to hear out of garage sound and drive by.

GAbOS

1. MBRP is not a true 3" from the flange. It necks down to match the stock down pipe.
2. COBB, in their exhaust development for the stock turbo found that power was inconsistent with 3" and more consistent and smooth with the 2.5".
Good info and figured as much.

Young L

I think rolled, polished tips would look better, even if they were offered as an option. 300 series stainless steel components is a must. Please make sure this system doesn't drone, and that the exhaust tips are far away from the rear bumper so as not to burn the bumper opening. Most of us already have aftermarket exhausts, so the Cobb and FSWERKs cat back exhausts are the ones to beat.I think its great you guys are making lots of parts for the FiST. Keep up the good work.[wiggle]
rolled tips would be nice. I dont mind having a 409 option its just surface rust and im not building a show car so that doesnt bother me. The drone is my biggest issue, im looking forward to getting rid of my mbrp in the future, but for now im just gonna tough it out and just keep buying other parts till i am really ready to switch it out.

Not a fan of the ol slash tip?
variety would be nice is all

GAbOS

I don't mind the cheaper materials either as I always put a few hefty coats of high heat flat black on my exhausts.

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
Just using MBRP as an example. In general 3" will yield more power over a 2 1/2" system on a turbo vehicle. If u plan on basically staying stock, then 2 1/2" system is fine, but if you plan on upgrading and a larger turbo is in your plans then a 3" system is the way to go.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Love the sound

Did someone say... sound clip?

We managed to grab a quick clip of the engineers pulling the Fiesta ST out of our facility to do some road testing. Asked them to give us a couple revs so we can hear the Fiesta roar! Stay tuned for the results of road testing as well as more updates to come.

[video=youtube;yWEQ71U28ZI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWEQ71U28ZI[/video]

Have a great weekend guys!
-Sara

J2FoRS

Not sold on the sound yet...need to hear out of garage sound and drive by.
This.

That clip reminds me of a buddies cavalier with a magna flow muffler in high school. Need a real outdoor sound clip with revs, holding rpms, take off, downshift and drive by please! I know you just offered it as a quick reference so once you guys are done testing I'd love to hear her growl.

TheStig

Fairly certain that Injen's CB is also 3" aside from the neck down section at the DP.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Fairly certain that Injen's CB is also 3" aside from the neck down section at the DP.
yes, the only ones that I'm aware of that provide a true 3" system is 2jr and Ultimate Racing. imo 3" is overkill for the stock turbo, which is the intended market Mishimoto appears to be targeting for mass sales, not a small niche.