Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turn Up the Volume! Mishimoto's Fiesta ST Cat-Back Exhaust Development

koozy

3000 Post Club
Did someone say... sound clip?

We managed to grab a quick clip of the engineers pulling the Fiesta ST out of our facility to do some road testing. Asked them to give us a couple revs so we can hear the Fiesta roar! Stay tuned for the results of road testing as well as more updates to come.

[video=youtube;yWEQ71U28ZI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWEQ71U28ZI[/video]

Have a great weekend guys!
-Sara
sounds good as long as there's no drone. I guess it should also be noted that the sound is with the OEM downpipe? and will be tad louder with an aftermarket downpipe.

TheStig

yes, the only ones that I'm aware of that provide a true 3" system is 2jr and Ultimate Racing. imo 3" is overkill for the stock turbo, which is the intended market Mishimoto appears to be targeting for mass sales, not a small niche.
Ultimate Racing has a turndown tip option on their exhaust too...

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #46
Thanks for the kind words guys!

rolled tips would be nice. I dont mind having a 409 option its just surface rust and im not building a show car so that doesnt bother me. The drone is my biggest issue, im looking forward to getting rid of my mbrp in the future, but for now im just gonna tough it out and just keep buying other parts till i am really ready to switch it out.

variety would be nice is all
Thanks for the feedback! We will certainly explore additional tips as an option for some more variety. As for the drone we are shooting for an exhaust without any drone, after some road testing we will report back with how we did.

Not sold on the sound yet...need to hear out of garage sound and drive by.
This.

That clip reminds me of a buddies cavalier with a magna flow muffler in high school. Need a real outdoor sound clip with revs, holding rpms, take off, downshift and drive by please! I know you just offered it as a quick reference so once you guys are done testing I'd love to hear her growl.
That clip sounds good to my ears... now to hear it under load/drive by's [driving]
sounds good as long as there's no drone. I guess it should also be noted that the sound is with the OEM downpipe? and will be tad louder with an aftermarket downpipe.
Thanks for the feedback! This was just a quick teaser that we took while our engineers were pulling the Fiesta out of the garage for road testing. We were excited to share with you guys and figured it would be a nice update as to our progress. We will post more updates as we come closer to a finished product.

This clip was our cat-back exhaust with the stock downpipe. We are working on our own version of a downpipe and will test the exhaust with that as well once the time comes.
Thanks!
-Sara

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #49
*cough*titanium tips *cough*
Ti tips*coughing getting worse*...lol
I guess titanium is contagious? At this point we are working with stainless steel for our first prototype. However I will definitely pass it on up to the decision makers that you guys are team titanium!
-Sara

Young L

I guess titanium is contagious? At this point we are working with stainless steel for our first prototype. However I will definitely pass it on up to the decision makers that you guys are team titanium!
-Sara
Its very contagious

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #53

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Are you guys referring to the oxidized stainless tips that are known as titanium tips? These are not really titanium metal. You take an oxyacetylene or propane torch and heat the end of a polished tip so you get the amber to blue coloration.

TheStig

Are you guys referring to the oxidized stainless tips that are known as titanium tips? These are not really titanium metal. You take an oxyacetylene or propane torch and heat the end of a polished tip so you get the amber to blue coloration.
Yeah that is what we are refering to. Ive seen the price for a Ti exhaust system and know how big it was, we dont need a 150$ exhaust tip lol.

TheStig

How about a fit for the Euro model too? Like you have done with your OCC? Go on! ?
What difference is there on the EUDM version? Is it just that the bumper is closer to the body so the exhaust tips would be shorter?

Otherwise they are identical. Semantics aside.