Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turn Up the Volume! Mishimoto's Fiesta ST Cat-Back Exhaust Development

Any sort of ball park figure on the price? I am getting close to picking up an exhaust and don't wanna miss out if this is in my price range.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #103
Any sort of ball park figure on the price? I am getting close to picking up an exhaust and don't wanna miss out if this is in my price range.
Although we do not have pricing yet, we are finally nearing the end of our development process. We are gearing up to launch a pre-sale in a few weeks and will have a more in-depth update for everyone in a week or so. We appreciate your patience as we wrap up this project!

-Sara

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #105
So we settled on a titanium tip option correct [tongue]
We are currently testing the quality of the titanium tips to ensure that we provide you an exceptional product. Once we are confident with the quality we will be posting an update on the exhaust options and launching a pre-sale.

-Sara

Young L

We are currently testing the quality of the titanium tips to ensure that we provide you an exceptional product. Once we are confident with the quality we will be posting an update on the exhaust options and launching a pre-sale.

-Sara

That is a mildly acceptable neutral answer

Young L

Apologies for being vague, we will have more detailed updates for you shortly!

-Sara
No worries, I'm just bustin yalls chops. I understand products take time to develop unlike a lot of people on forums who I'm sure are consistently bugging yall about when stuff is coming out.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #109
No worries, I'm just bustin yalls chops. I understand products take time to develop unlike a lot of people on forums who I'm sure are consistently bugging yall about when stuff is coming out.
I certainly don't mind the questions at all. Reminds us that you all are long overdue for an actual update.

Thanks for keeping us on our toes!
-Sara

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #112
Turn Up the Volume! Mishimoto's Fiesta ST Cat-Back Exhaust Part 4: R&D Update

R&D Update

It has been quite a while since our last update, and we are glad to be wrapping up this project! One of the reasons for this delay is that, based on your feedback, we have decided to add a few more options for this exhaust system.

You might remember from a previous post, that our engineers enjoyed the louder sound of our non-resonated exhaust after having listened to both the resonated and non-resonated versions. Since there were no improvements in horsepower with either option, we based our decision to create the exhaust on sound only.

To refresh your memory, here are some photos of the resonated and non-resonated sections of the exhaust. Aside from this small difference, the rest of the exhaust layout is the same.

Fiesta ST parts testing

Fiesta ST parts testing

Fiesta ST exhaust

We have decided to release a resonated exhaust for those who want more noise from their Fiesta, but not quite as much as the non-resonated version. We know how much Fiesta ST owners enjoy customization, so not only do you get to choose a resonated or non-resonated exhaust, but you will also have several color options: polished, titanium, and black tips for the Fiesta ST exhaust. Stay tuned for more photos of the various tips, and happy customization everyone!

Coming Up!

The wait is over, it is pre-sale time! In the next few weeks we will be launching a discounted pre-sale for those who have been following our progress here on the forums. Keep an eye out for updates on this, and let us know what you think about our exhaust options!

Thanks for reading!
-Sara

Any chance of the tips being extended out the back a bit more? All the nice cool shiny bits are being hidden by the bumper in those pics.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #114
Any chance of the tips being extended out the back a bit more? All the nice cool shiny bits are being hidden by the bumper in those pics.
It may just be the angle at which those particular photos were taken. There are other photos where the tips are quite visible for example:

Also, the tips will be clamp on, so there will be a fair amount of adjustability if you want a bit more poke.

-Sara

Zissou

Yeah I'll probably get in on the pre-sale depending on price, so subbing for updates. I've been comparing the 2.5" exhausts from Cobb and MAP. I like both but $$$ is a factor.

GAbOS

Really looking forward to this as well. Can't wait to see the black tips.
[MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION] how did you go about making the black tips?

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #118
[MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION]
Any word on that pre-sale?
Yeah I'll probably get in on the pre-sale depending on price, so subbing for updates. I've been comparing the 2.5" exhausts from Cobb and MAP. I like both but $$$ is a factor.
The pre-sale should be live very soon, so you shouldn't have to wait long for updates!

Really looking forward to this as well. Can't wait to see the black tips.
[MENTION=1848]mishimoto[/MENTION] how did you go about making the black tips?
Thanks for the interest! The tips are high-temp black paint that withstands up to 400 degrees Celsius.

-Sara

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #119
Fiesta ST Exhaust Pre-Sale is live!

Our Fiesta ST Exhaust pre-sale is now live!

Check out the details below and let me know if you have any specific questions!

Pre-Sale Link

Sale Price:

• Non-Resonated Exhaust with Polished Tips $594.95
  • Non-Resonated Exhaust with Black Tips $629.95
  • Non-Resonated Exhaust with Burnt Tips $664.95
  • Resonated Exhaust with Polished Tips $664.95
  • Resonated Exhaust with Black Tips $694.95
  • Resonated Exhaust with Burnt Tips $729.95

MSRP:

• Non-Resonated Exhaust with Polished Tips $720.00
  • Non-Resonated Exhaust with Black Tips $760.00
  • Non-Resonated Exhaust with Burnt Tips $800.00
  • Resonated Exhaust with Polished Tips $800.00
  • Resonated Exhaust with Black Tips $840.00
  • Resonated Exhaust with Burnt Tips $880.00

Estimated Ship Date / Pre-Sale Expiration: Mid-June

Includes:
(1) Stainless Steel Mid-Pipe w/ 2-Bolt Flange (w/ optional resonator)
(1) Stainless Steel Mid-Pipe to Rear Muffler Section
(1) Stainless Steel Rear Muffler Section
(1) 3", Dual Offset Tips with Polished, Black, or Burnt Finish
(3) 2.5" Offset Exhaust-Band Clamps
(1) 2-Bolt Flange Gasket
Stainless Steel Mounting Hardware
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty

Pre-Sale Link

Let us know if you have any questions about our Exhaust options!

Thanks!
-Sara

Any pics of the burnt tips? Also did you test the db of the exaust with or without resonator? Cali laws are strict and i dont need another ticket :)