Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turn Up the Volume! Mishimoto's Fiesta ST Cat-Back Exhaust Development

Yes, our sound symposer is still installed.
-Sara
Any chance of doing some more in cabin footage without the symposer to better determine sound of exhaust in the cabin rather than trying to figure out what is exhaust and what is symposer?

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #83
Any chance of doing some more in cabin footage without the symposer to better determine sound of exhaust in the cabin rather than trying to figure out what is exhaust and what is symposer?
That would absolutely be beneficial to hear the exhaust without the symposer for those who have removed theirs. We will certainly consider testing the exhaust with a sound symposer delete should time allow.
Thanks for the feedback!
-Sara

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #85
Updates? pics & vids??
No updates past the video/images on the last page. We should have an update next week showing some additional shots, perhaps even including a few 3D models of the final design.

Thanks for following our progress.

-John

Young L

No updates past the video/images on the last page. We should have an update next week showing some additional shots, perhaps even including a few 3D models of the final design.

Thanks for following our progress.

-John
and Titanium tips right?

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #87
and Titanium tips right?
I can not confirm for sure at this point, we are certainly looking into making this an option. We are in the process of getting samples and ensuring they are the proper finish and quality before we are able to release them into production. We are working on making this happen in time for this product release and I will make sure to keep you informed as we continue along the development process.
Thanks for your patience!
-Sara

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #88
Part 3: The Final Prototype

It’s been a while since our last update on the Fiesta ST cat-back exhaust and we are excited to let you in on the details of the final prototype! The last detail to square away was the exhaust tips. While the tips we had were decent, we found them a little on the plain side so we switched it up. Rather than the single-wall tips, we went with a dual-walled setup that we think look much better on the ST and will hold up better over time. Check out some photos below!

Fiesta ST exhaust tips

Welding Fiesta ST parts

Fiesta ST exhaust tips

For comparison, here is a shot of all three tips that we have worked with on Fiesta ST exhaust. On the far right you’ll see our good buddy, the stock exhaust, with its awkwardly large muffler. You had a good run, old friend. The center is our first prototype, a bit more on target but we saw room for improvement. Finally, the star of our post, our double-walled tips looking mighty fine closest to us on the left.

Fiesta ST exhaust tips

Fiesta ST exhaust tips

I know you’re dying to see them on the Fiesta ST, so say no more! Here are a few shots of our final prototype fully installed.

Fiesta ST Exhaust installed

Fiesta ST exhaust installed

We think these new tips give the exhaust just the look we were going for! Check out some renderings of the finished exhaust heading off to production.

Fiesta ST exhaust rendering

Render of Fiesta ST parts

Coming Up!

We have some exciting things in the works for this cat-back. In the next coming weeks we should be able to incorporate some brand new details into the release of this exhaust. On the edge of your seat? (us too) Stay tuned for updates as we get closer to the pre-sale!

Thanks for reading!
-Sara

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #95
Looks like a great piece guys [like]

Any idea on the release date? pricing? and material?
Thanks for the kind words! As for pricing and release date it is too early to say. The material will be stainless steel, but it is still up in the air as far as the tips go. Some of you may remember that we took a poll to see what type of finish/color you would like to see us offer for tips. We heard titanium and black loud and clear and we are currently in the process of testing these new options. If all goes well the Fiesta ST will be the first to sport Mishimoto's exhaust in these options! We will keep you posted as to our progress on this as well as pricing info as we get closer to production.

Please provide a euro compatible fit... *crossing fingers*
Unfortunately, the first release will not be compatible with the euro Fiestas without modification. However, developing a direct fit option for our overseas crew is not completely out of the picture in the future if there is a demand for them.

Awesome Mishimoto! Doublewall ftw
Glad your into them! Thanks for the kind words!
-Sara

Really cool seeing you guys throw so much support at the ST. I've used a truckload of Mishimoto radiators, fans, and other cooling products, but had no idea you guys did stuff like exhausts as well. I'll be giving my distributor a call about one of these as soon as you guys launch it.

I'm liking the sound of this thing too, I think it's the first exhaust I've seen videos of that seems to strike a good middleground in terms of tone and volume. Most of the other options are either too loud and buzzy, or too quiet and barely different from stock.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #98
Really cool seeing you guys throw so much support at the ST. I've used a truckload of Mishimoto radiators, fans, and other cooling products, but had no idea you guys did stuff like exhausts as well. I'll be giving my distributor a call about one of these as soon as you guys launch it.

I'm liking the sound of this thing too, I think it's the first exhaust I've seen videos of that seems to strike a good middleground in terms of tone and volume. Most of the other options are either too loud and buzzy, or too quiet and barely different from stock.
Thank you very much for the kind words! We love the Fiesta ST and want to create as many products as we can for the platform.

I cant see it being much different than US spec, you might have to shorten it a bit since you have a 2 dr.
The Euro spec exhausts are a bit shorter than the american Fiestas. So our exhaust may not fit the euro STs in some spots. We are considering looking into an exhaust for the euro Fiestas especially if there are a few euro Fiesta ST owners looking to get one.
-Sara