Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ultimate lightweight 17x8 setup

The Hypergrams are a fantastic wheel, I'm running those currently. Pretty significant weight savings over stock and 17x8's. They're not as light as the 6ul but they are +40 offset so I would say fitment is a little nicer than running the +45 6ul wheels.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Agreed re. the Hypergrams. I almost went that route but I have a love for the 6ULs and, sooner or later, I'll be on 17x9 and there aren't any options in 4x100. If I were to do it all over again I'd run the 16x8 Dekagrams until I went to 17x9.

The extra 5mm of pop the Hypergrams have over the 6UL didn't mean anything to me in the end; I offset the coilover hats for lots of - camber and straighten them at the knuckle and anything larger than a 215/40 has height problems more than width problems.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #63
Right now with Rota Grids 17x8 215/40/17 and Bilstein B8’s with Mountune springs I get a slight rub in the front. I think if I just fold the lip on the fender like Koozy did I’ll be fine

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #64
Agreed re. the Hypergrams. I almost went that route but I have a love for the 6ULs and, sooner or later, I'll be on 17x9 and there aren't any options in 4x100. If I were to do it all over again I'd run the 16x8 Dekagrams until I went to 17x9.

The extra 5mm of pop the Hypergrams have over the 6UL didn't mean anything to me in the end; I offset the coilover hats for lots of - camber and straighten them at the knuckle and anything larger than a 215/40 has height problems more than width problems.
Camber bolt?

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #66
The Rota Grids are flaking off the finish coat or the clear coat. Whatever it is what’s underneath looks pretty good. After all I’ve done to this car I need to give it a happy ending with these Konigs. I like matte grey with Ingot Silver better than the Hyper Black. It’s hard to see anything but a black hole unless the sun shines on them. Hopefully Konig can paint better than Rota

I can't speak to the longevity of the paint, I've only had mine for a few months now. But I will say that the finish is great on the Konigs. They look like a matte grey color, but in the sun they have some "depth". I wouldn't call it a sparkle, but they're definitely more than matte.

I've been hitting them with some hybrid ceramic wax (Meguiars / Turtle Wax) on occasion and that helps with washing the brake dust off and keeping the finish clean

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #68
I can't speak to the longevity of the paint, I've only had mine for a few months now. But I will say that the finish is great on the Konigs. They look like a matte grey color, but in the sun they have some "depth". I wouldn't call it a sparkle, but they're definitely more than matte.

I've been hitting them with some hybrid ceramic wax (Meguiars / Turtle Wax) on occasion and that helps with washing the brake dust off and keeping the finish clean
Zero brake dust with my Mountune road spec pads. Glad to hear they’re holding up

Is there any high density foam with adhesive on the back of it which can/will withstand the heat of our radiators?

I ask because my factory fan shroud has warped, and pulled back away from the radiator at the sides and bottom, and i want to seal it up, as well as any other areas, to force ALL of the air through it instead of around the radiator.
Interesting. I just got this car in May and one of the first times I was under it a piece of foam around the radiator basically fell out. It came from between the rad and fan shrouds I believe. Didnt think too much of it at the time but this is worth keeping an eye on now.

My car does not see the track as we have none and I am in ND so extreme heat is not too much of an issue but I will still be keeping an eye on it.

Hi have you looked at Advanti 10 spoke 17X8 ? Flo forged and 4 lb. less than stock, about $216 each. I did that and 215/40/17's. Now MUCH safer on bumbs, ruts and ice without screwing up steering feel. Bottomed the stock 205's to many times and began to cringe on choppy roads. Took the fun out of it. Even just going to 17X8 gives more tire to absorb. Good luck, Stan