Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ultimate lightweight 17x8 setup

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
My car will most likely never see a single lap in its entire life.....[loveboost]
To each their own - if you ever get the itch you've got a great platform on which to learn. Track fees and tires can add up but I dunno if there's a cheaper, more capable track day car than the FiST. One you figure it out the BRZ's and Miata's can't chase you down the straights and don't have enough in the turns to catch up.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #46
To each their own - if you ever get the itch you've got a great platform on which to learn. Track fees and tires can add up but I dunno if there's a cheaper, more capable track day car than the FiST. One you figure it out the BRZ's and Miata's can't chase you down the straights and don't have enough in the turns to catch up.
I see the appeal of it and I may indulge someday but right now I have to build up a war chest while I’m upright

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #49
Forged wheels omg are pricey. That’s it I’m doing the 4x100 conversion. 17x8 6ul’s Tungsten

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #50
Forged wheels omg are pricey. That’s it I’m doing the 4x100 conversion. 17x8 6ul’s Tungsten
Now wait a minute. These are low pressure cast wheels that are heat treated. They are light and strong. Are they that much lighter and stronger than a flow formed wheel?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Filling all the nooks and crannies with aluminum tape and abs plate to make sure all the air that gets in goes through a heat exchanger. Stiffening the floppy splitter with angle aluminum and directing the air up. Considering hood vent options.
Is there any high density foam with adhesive on the back of it which can/will withstand the heat of our radiators?

I ask because my factory fan shroud has warped, and pulled back away from the radiator at the sides and bottom, and i want to seal it up, as well as any other areas, to force ALL of the air through it instead of around the radiator.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is there any high density foam with adhesive on the back of it which can/will withstand the heat of our radiators?

I ask because my factory fan shroud has warped, and pulled back away from the radiator at the sides and bottom, and i want to seal it up, as well as any other areas, to force ALL of the air through it instead of around the radiator.
I'm going to use this stuff to rest the bottom on the intercooler on my splitter, but I would use aluminum tape in the case the you described.