Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Unregisterable, unsellable, all because of an elusive IAT CEL.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Stumbled across this while enjoying my morning coffee in my “office”. It sure looks like the MAF sensor is in backwards. My red clip faces the other way. Switch it around and see what happens.

I could be wrong of course. Not enough coffee yet
These are Manifold Absolute Pressure system cars* The "MAF" is used as a Temp sensor in NA FiSTs. Weird right? FOMOCO gave the UK FiSts the MAF Based platform! [drummer]

OP
AverageFiestaEnjoyer
Thread Starter #62
Stumbled across this while enjoying my morning coffee in my “office”. It sure looks like the MAF sensor is in backwards. My red clip faces the other way. Switch it around and see what happens.

I could be wrong of course. Not enough coffee yet
Tried this and it’s not possible to put the plug in the other way.

OP
AverageFiestaEnjoyer
Thread Starter #63
Possible clue I noticed while looking yesterday. I do have a vented hood and have been using it for about a year. One of the vents is directly above the MAF sensor. I don’t have a garage so every time it rains, rain has been directly falling onto the wiring and MAF sensor assembly. Wondering if maybe water damage has caused this and it just needs all the wiring and harness to be replaced. Will update with whatever my guy says in a few weeks.

I suspect that this is your Intake Air Temperature Sensor. It's mounted to that ITG intake.

Took a picture of my Airbox Lid and guess what is mounted to it.

The color codes for the wiring appears that it might be different so here is a close up pic of my 2019 wiring harness.

Last edited:

Ford SVT & ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Great CLOSE UP pics Skooter123!!
Hopefully OP gets this diagnosed correctly.
There was a Factory Airbox or 2 on our FS classified pages in the past 2 weeks.
Having that as a option to put it back to stock to see if that solves/helps the situation is not a bad option if u can swing it $$

OP
AverageFiestaEnjoyer
Thread Starter #67
I suspect that this is your Intake Air Temperature Sensor. It's mounted to that ITG intake.

Took a picture of my Airbox Lid and guess what is mounted to it.

The color codes for the wiring appears that it might be different so here is a close up pic of my 2019 wiring harness.

this is a great picture. Very good information. I’ll see about the stock air box maybe. Thank you sir.

OP
AverageFiestaEnjoyer
Thread Starter #68
Great CLOSE UP pics Skooter123!!
Hopefully OP gets this diagnosed correctly.
There was a Factory Airbox or 2 on our FS classified pages in the past 2 weeks.
Having that as a option to put it back to stock to see if that solves/helps the situation is not a bad option if u can swing it $$
Very nice idea. I’ll give this a try probably. Thank you!