Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Update Sync3 to v2.2 for navigation and non-navigation units - AndroidAuto and AppleCarPlay (download links inside)

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
So for those of you that are fed up with trying to do the 2.3 non-nav update, there is a stable "unofficial" 3.0 update floating around on the mustang forums. I downloaded and installed it last night without any real issues. Just make sure after you install you turn off wifi and auto system updates or it will prompt you to connect to wifi every time you start your car.

You can download it for yourself here.

thanks for this. i installed that update and i get that prompt every time. i tried turning off wifi but didn't turn off auto system updates. i'll try that now. thanks!

I took my car into the dealership Tuesday morning and so far they have installed 2 modules {1st was doa)but they still can’t get it to update from v 1 either by WiFi or usb so does anyone have any ideas so I can surgest they try something else.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Ford Customer Care I think would be the logical choice. Any dealer problems I have had they quickly corrected.

Ford Customer Care I think would be the logical choice. Any dealer problems I have had they quickly corrected.
I’ve spoken to them multiple times and they gave me a case number and told me to take it in to change hardware

They probably won't. It'll be cheaper to replace each module one by one, multiple times even until they figure it out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
The funny thing is they are paying for a rental from enterprise who gave me a ram truck which cracks me up.

The funny thing is they are paying for a rental from enterprise who gave me a ram truck which cracks me up.
Still cheaper than cancelling the remaining loan. I think it also prevents a precedent from being set that if you have an ongoing problem, it can be easily solved with a new car in their dime.

Just like how TSBs aren't widely released to the public. Soon to be ex wife's escape had an intermittent CEL for a random misfire caused by the crank case pressure sensor that was covered by a TSB. I never knew. Only found 1 pay on the whole web about it.

Still cheaper than cancelling the remaining loan. I think it also prevents a precedent from being set that if you have an ongoing problem, it can be easily solved with a new car in their dime.

Just like how TSBs aren't widely released to the public. Soon to be ex wife's escape had an intermittent CEL for a random misfire caused by the crank case pressure sensor that was covered by a TSB. I never knew. Only found 1 pay on the whole web about it.

Yep I agree dealing with Ford and the run round is frustrating to say the least.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
If folks start asking to trade in a car because the radio won't update to the latest software release, Ford (and any other manufacturer) will just as soon stop releasing software updates.

If folks start asking to trade in a car because the radio won't update to the latest software release, Ford (and any other manufacturer) will just as soon stop releasing software updates.
Mine was a bit more than an update it would not work period with my iPhone or my sons or GF’s from day 1

What did they say about the 2 module changes so far?
I just got back from the dealership and finally after 5 days I’m at V2.3 and it works with my phone. All they told me was it had 2 bad modules and they had to reprogram 1 of the computers no real details. I’m just happy it finally works properly

Just updated v2.2

Hello,

I just updated mine with the no-nav link, no problem and now I'm using it with android auto and Waze for navigation!

Fiesta ST model 2016

Regards!

Lately when running AA when i get a phone call it goes to my phones screen and nothing pops up on the AA screen in the car. Steering wheel controls also don't work to hang up or answer call. Anyone else have this issue? Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Running nav v3

I have only had that issue when I was running aosp rom I probably just needed to redo the room but I liked pure nexus more so I just went back

I guess there is a new update released? I have 2.3 non-nav already, waze, google music, etc. but yesterday when parked at my house with wifi when I went to leave it said a download was interrupted.