Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Update Sync3 to v2.2 for navigation and non-navigation units - AndroidAuto and AppleCarPlay (download links inside)

danbfree

3000 Post Club
So is there any fix yet for someone stuck on this update like I am?
Park somewhere there is an open WiFi and select it, THEN disable all WiFi and it should never ask you again... I just know that I have my own WiFi available in my garage so once I selected it and then it never asks me again.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Park somewhere there is an open WiFi and select it, THEN disable all WiFi and it should never ask you again... I just know that I have my own WiFi available in my garage so once I selected it and then it never asks me again.

I have wifi in my garage, it connects but it never goes away even after turning off wifi.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I have wifi in my garage, it connects but it never goes away even after turning off wifi.
Then the update never completed successfully. I used the process I posted above and have no problems. Which files/update number are you using to update?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
If anyone wants to PM me, I can always Zip and email out the complete files that will work for anyone with Sync3, that I posted the process on above... just remember only '17+ you can do Apple CarPlay without replacing the USB hub... But ya, no stupid WiFi reminders after I simply connected to my own WiFi after I updated this way...

If anyone wants to PM me, I can always Zip and email out the complete files that will work for anyone with Sync3, that I posted the process on above... just remember only '17+ you can do Apple CarPlay without replacing the USB hub... But ya, no stupid WiFi reminders after I simply connected to my own WiFi after I updated this way...
If you have the files for non-nav I'll give it a try. 50-50 it will either work or brick it lol.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
If you have the files for non-nav I'll give it a try. 50-50 it will either work or brick it lol.
Yes, I should have mentioned, I have non-nav myself, and if you follow my step by step process above you'll be fine... obviously you won't have to piece together the files, you'll just be able to extract it to the USB drive and be good to go... Just send me a PM with your email and I'll email those to you tonight... I'm west coast so still an hour of work to go and I have it all at home, so expect an email within a couple of hours...

Update for anyone stuck with a messed up sync install, the package danbfree updated and I got gracenotes back, android auto working perfectly, and no wifi nagging. If you're non-nav seriously this update actually works!!!

Update for anyone stuck with a messed up sync install, the package danbfree updated and I got gracenotes back, android auto working perfectly, and no wifi nagging. If you're non-nav seriously this update actually works!!!
I got 3.0.18025 for nav and wifi check is getting stuck, alot of us in this mess, my 2.3 is doing the same and I got 150 mbps internet

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I got 3.0.18025 for nav and wifi check is getting stuck, alot of us in this mess, my 2.3 is doing the same and I got 150 mbps internet
That's why I packaged separate parts together and it somehow works... Whatever they did on how they released the updates doesn't upgrade them right and didn't bother to quality check or something... You have to keep in mind 18025 is just the app update, so I manually compiled the latest files possible and it works!

That's why I packaged separate parts together and it somehow works... Whatever they did on how they released the updates doesn't upgrade them right and didn't bother to quality check or something... You have to keep in mind 18025 is just the app update, so I manually compiled the latest files possible and it works!

you packaged gracenotes and voice files as well?

He sent me a link to his custom one. It's for non-nav so I don't know how it would be changed to make it work for nav.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
the one I found doesnt contain gracenotes and thus never touches that area only updates the app itself
I just took the latest dated files for all 6 called by the 17276 installer file and could tell by revision name which was newer. So, I used 4 from the 2.3 update Ford linked me too, the one largest, main system file from 17276 that was newer than any other I could find, and the 18025 was just latest app updates and somehow it was the magic combination to make sure everything that should be there is actually there.. Anyway, unfortunately there was a death in the family and I'm on a last second road trip driving 30 hours round trip for a 4 hour memorial service over 3 days total (in a cushy rental at least) so I'm away from my PC for now, I'll be back in a couple of days to email out the update package.

Andrewzz

Hey guys,

So, I've downloaded from the focusrs forum, and installed the Sync 3 3.0 Build 17276 update from version 2.2 using an USB without any apparent issue. BUT, now my maps are not loading. And when checking the current version, the "Navigation Maps" appears empty. I had version "SA 1 15" before. Any idea what could be happening? And how to install the maps again?