Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Update Sync3 to v2.2 for navigation and non-navigation units - AndroidAuto and AppleCarPlay (download links inside)

Since I'll be waiting awhile to get the hub to make CarPlay work, I'm curious about other non-CarPlay/AA improvements. Anything cool?

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #82
Really AA/CP seems to be the biggest thing. I'm curious about the update notes once it's released. I'm sure it fixes numerous bugs/quirks and increases compatibility with more devices.

Did this update last night on my nav unit, and everything seemed to work okay. Find out today that I can't get the bluetooth speaker for my work phone to operate for some reason. Previously, I was able to hold a bluejeans conference call while connected via USB cable and bluetooth. Today, during an all hands meeting, I couldn't get it to play through the car speakers at all this time. Figure it's probably because my work phone is super old (SGIII). Will experiment a bit more later today.

I got an error message "Installation run out of space or does not work with this version" and I have a 16 non nav Version 1

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #87
So you followed the read-me and did part 1, then re-formatted and installed part 2?

I downloaded the files to the flash drive then unzipped the first file to the root. Installed it then deleted the first part and extracted the second part to the root and when I plugged it in I got the full message.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #89
That's really bizarre. Did you shut off your radio and turn it back on after installing part 1?

I did turn the car off. I did not hit the power button on the radio. I will try it again in a few.

I don't know if there's a difference between the First and FoRS, but I only did one install. There wasn't a part 2. Mine works flawlessly. It even works with the USB port in the arm rest compartment.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

V_2

Got it installed on my '16 with nav. The process was seamless. I actually had it installing during my drive home from work and it completed about 10 minutes before I got home.

AA is pretty neat, but one small UX annoyance I know is going to drive me nuts is the system navigates you to the AA home screen when you are in SYNC and tap the maps icon. This seems pretty stupid since you also have an icon for AA. Hoping it's just my phone or something that will get fixed with a patch. If not, it's a pretty glaring design fault.

I forsee issues with having my ipod classic also plugged in through USB. I had to unplug it during initial configuration, but it seems to play nice when I've since disconnected and reconnected my phone a few times. Hopefully I just need to disconnect the ipod when installing new apps, etc.

I'll give the rest of the AA features a run tomorrow to see how well they compare to SYNC. Being able to "okay, google" is a nice touch, for sure.

V_2

Can you be driving the car during the update? I have to run an errand and I was going to have it update while I drive there.
Yep. Probably not recommended with the no-nav update, though, since you need to turn the car off between part 1 and part 2.

attempting to update mine now - no navigation. Will attempt to drive because it is taking forever to update it seems.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk