Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Update Sync3 to v2.2 for navigation and non-navigation units - AndroidAuto and AppleCarPlay (download links inside)

Hey guys,

So, I've downloaded from the focusrs forum, and installed the Sync 3 3.0 Build 17276 update from version 2.2 using an USB without any apparent issue. BUT, now my maps are not loading. And when checking the current version, the "Navigation Maps" appears empty. I had version "SA 1 15" before. Any idea what could be happening? And how to install the maps again?
fear not, just do a second start it comes back.... we always have that issue.. I had it on my 2012 even with a different system..common issue

Andrewzz

fear not, just do a second start it comes back.... we always have that issue.. I had it on my 2012 even with a different system..common issue
I went and did that after reading your answer and you were right! OMG thank you so much, I was worried I fucked up something using an NA update.

He sent me a link to his custom one. It's for non-nav so I don't know how it would be changed to make it work for nav.
Do you have that file still? My 3.0 upgrade screwed up and I haven't been able to find the 2.2 anywhere. :(

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

dont worry about 2.2 just reinstall 3.0, the good news is the 3.0 file on owner.ford has been changed to exclude version number, redownload the new one

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Ive tried a dozen times to download non nav zip, but it auto pauses at 2gig everytime ..and then starts over.

Anyone care to share a different link or direct download with me.. would be highly appreciated.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Ive tried a dozen times to download non nav zip, but it auto pauses at 2gig everytime ..and then starts over.

Anyone care to share a different link or direct download with me.. would be highly appreciated.
I still have a download link, just PM me your email and I'll be happy to share...

I got it going..
Created an account on myFord website, download the v3.0 on their site without issue flashed easily.. thanks

I am currently running V1.0 in Sync 3. I have been trying to update via a flashdrive that is formatted with exFat 32gb directly to 3.0 and it hasn't been recognizing the files. I have gotten them direct from the Ford site as well as third party sites.

Do I have to go to V2.2 then to V3.0 to make this work? It has been such a headache! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am currently running V1.0 in Sync 3. I have been trying to update via a flashdrive that is formatted with exFat 32gb directly to 3.0 and it hasn't been recognizing the files. I have gotten them direct from the Ford site as well as third party sites.

Do I have to go to V2.2 then to V3.0 to make this work? It has been such a headache! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I went straight to v3 from v1, ford wants exfat, third party stuff i was seeing was wanting fat32.. if its not recognizing i would imagine needs a format or you need to try a different port, you are using the armrest plugs right?

I went straight to v3 from v1, ford wants exfat, third party stuff i was seeing was wanting fat32.. if its not recognizing i would imagine needs a format or you need to try a different port, you are using the armrest plugs right?
Yeah, they don’t make it easy to update especially since the WiFi function is terrible. I have it connected to the WiFi and it even checked the other night for an update and said there were none to be found.

I’m using the armrest ports. I suppose I’ll look over the formatting again and uninstall and start from scratch.

Think I can just bring it in to Ford for an update ? For free?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, they don’t make it easy to update especially since the WiFi function is terrible. I have it connected to the WiFi and it even checked the other night for an update and said there were none to be found.

I’m using the armrest ports. I suppose I’ll look over the formatting again and uninstall and start from scratch.

Think I can just bring it in to Ford for an update ? For free?

Sent from my iPhone
Lol @ free at dealership..
I would consider using a different thumb drive, they are cheap if a new one is needed.. do a full not a quick format to exfat, re download the files from ford just to be certain..and just read the instructions until there's no question you're familiar. Took about 20 min for me.. soon as you plug in should pop up on your screen.. car running

Also i had the wifi issue also, and it said i ws up to date.. once you do the update sirius and stuff starts to update via wifi though

Thanks for all the info man, I’ll try it all out tonight when i get back from work. Keep ya posted !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk