Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Updated: Mishimoto Dyno Results - 310whp / 323wtq on a stock 2016 Focus RS

Nobody said it's welcome on the FiST but no one complains about it like you are about the RS. You seem to think that it's a gimmick whereas it's just Ford utilizing some state-of-the-art tuning to give owners options that they wouldn't have previously had before.

Everyone wants their car at max performance all the time but, as a manufacturer, Ford has to consider and design against significantly more aspects of car ownership. CAFE requirements, component longevity, system durability, environmental considerations...these are all things that work against 'peak boost level no matter what'.
LOL.

Somebody's a fan boy

How many people are gonna tune that state of the art tuning out of their RS as soon as they get the chance?

These cars are engineered for a hard life and if the component longevity argument helps you sleep at night go ahead and believe it.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
LOL.

Somebody's a fan boy

How many people are gonna tune that state of the art tuning out of their RS as soon as they get the chance?

These cars are engineered for a hard life and if the component longevity argument helps you sleep at night go ahead and believe it.
I'm surprised at how little you know about manufacturing and the automobile industry as a whole. It's all good though; I remember when I thought I knew the world too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm surprised at how little you know about manufacturing and the automobile industry as a whole. It's all good though; I remember when I thought I knew the world too.

Teach me oh wise one.

I've done a ton of research on the dealers in my immediate area. The horror stories are plenty. PLENTY. Harsh is warranted. Obviously not all dealers fall into this category. Hopefully Ford is certifying dealers for the RS...
Well since this thread has already gone off the rails, I will just add my recent experience to validate this. I went into the dealer for 10,000 mile service just to keep them happy in case I have any warranty claims down the line. The next day I am driving home and start smelling oil. I figure they probably overfilled or something. I get home and open the hood and the cap is sitting in the front of the engine bay and oil is splattered all over the place. Idiot forgot to put the cap on after filling it. How do you manage to fuck up an oil change?

Well since this thread has already gone off the rails, I will just add my recent experience to validate this. I went into the dealer for 10,000 mile service just to keep them happy in case I have any warranty claims down the line. The next day I am driving home and start smelling oil. I figure they probably overfilled or something. I get home and open the hood and the cap is sitting in the front of the engine bay and oil is splattered all over the place. Idiot forgot to put the cap on after filling it. How do you manage to fuck up an oil change?
That's like gettin fired on your day off

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I work at a dealership, it happens more than you'd think. If you've seen some of the things that I have, you would probably never take your car into the dealer for an oil change service ever again.

With that being said, I do 99% of the work on my cars myself. I have been keeping receipts and repair orders for all work I do in the event that Ford tries to reject any warranty claims that could come about in the future.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
COBB Tuning - Focus RS Baseline (304whp/340tq) and Stg1 (319whp/364tq) (Video)

COBB cracks FoRS ECU and Begins Stage 1 Tuning...

In the video Cobb (Braden Berger) also mentions and gives some insight as to how to prep and dyno the AWD correctly...Not sure how Mishimoto prepped the RS before dyno?

"The IC blocking plate (which COBB removes) is designed to prevent excessive cooling for vehicles in "cold" climates. In these environments LSPI can become an issue and the car will limit power to prevent pre-ignition. We recommend removing this cover for anyone living in environments that are regularly above 50F."

"We've run the car several times back-to-back and have had no reduction in power. Each time, the overboost timer was under the limit."

- Braden Berger (COBB Lead Calibrator)

13495150_1737262416553110_965056811895000155_n.jpg

Baseline numbers and a Stage1 pull.

"On the dyno with our Ford Focus RS. Baseline numbers and a Stage1 pull."

https://www.facebook.com/cobbtuning/videos/vb.120914804053/10154261777359054/?type=2&theater

DynoJet / 93 Octane / 92F Ambient / 4th gear pulls

Baseline: 301whp / 340tq

Stg1 (preliminary): 319whp / 364tq

COBB - Ford Focus RS Power Gains and Development

COBB Focus RS Dyno.jpg

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Mishimoto resolves dyno test issue - New stock FoRS numbers 310whp / 323 tq

http://www.focusrsforum.com/forum/t...ormance-the-Focus-RS?p=225&viewfull=1#post225

So we?ve been spending some time doing a some more digging into our Focus RS and the dyno results we initially collected. Having examined all of the factors affecting our previous testing, our engineer, Dan, is pretty confident that the rear diff may have been slightly unhappy after we had Kyle Mohan here sliding the car around.

Though we waited for the car to cool after Kyle?s shenanigans before testing it, we wanted to be sure that our published numbers represent as few external variables as possible. We have re-dynoed the car ad nauseum in an effort to evaluate any scenario that one can throw at it (overboost, drive modes, etc.).

We have arrived at a new, consistent, level of output over ten dyno pulls in third gear: 310 hp, and 323 ft-lbs of torque. Check out our new, updated video below to see the car on the dyno and get a more thorough explanation from Dan himself.

[video=youtube;yON7UIv7-d0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yON7UIv7-d0&feature=youtu.be[/video]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yON7UIv7-d0&feature=youtu.be

"After evaluating some of the variables that were holding us back on the first dyno run, our additional testing showed that the Focus RS came in with 311 horsepower at the wheel and 323 torque. We?re using 93 Octane fuel and while the car was too smart to let us try running the dyno in drift mode, even in normal mode the at-the-wheel power was totally reasonable based on Ford?s at-the-crank claims of 350hp. We certainly see potential in the RS as an excellent foundation to build on. Head to our engineering blog for more Focus RS content!"

HaveBlue83

Just readt the first 2 pages....im pretty delighted to see it not delivering on the dyno. This car is not the rally car ford fans wanted. Its a big HEAVY touring car with a maxxed oit awd system before a tune gets on it.

Really loving my fist and i guess after this AWD crap the focus is going through id be OKAY with a FWD Fist! Less is more. Less to break. Less weight. Less noise. And MORE mpg and fun!

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Just readt the first 2 pages....im pretty delighted to see it not delivering on the dyno. This car is not the rally car ford fans wanted. Its a big HEAVY touring car with a maxxed oit awd system before a tune gets on it.

Really loving my fist and i guess after this AWD crap the focus is going through id be OKAY with a FWD Fist! Less is more. Less to break. Less weight. Less noise. And MORE mpg and fun!
They apparently figured out what they were doing wrong on the dyno and updated the first post. I don't think 310whp/323wtq is that bad on an awd platform that's supposed to 'only' be rated 350/350 at the crank.

HaveBlue83

Its gotta feel pretty slow tho...its 3500lbs. Comparing that to my 300+ WHP summit @2280lbs.....its gotta feel piggy.

TheStig

That piggy can scoot.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Agreed, its on a short list for my mom once she is done with her BRZ. But to be fair its competition isnt so nice, base model C7 Corvette, BMW M2 and Camaro SS with all the trimmings.

Still, this thing is such a little monster.

Why are the dynos done in third gear?
I thought dynos were to be done in a gear that is the closest to a 1:1 ratio, which is 99% of the time 4th gear.
Dynos in lower gears inflates numbers.

Why are the dynos done in third gear?
I thought dynos were to be done in a gear that is the closest to a 1:1 ratio, which is 99% of the time 4th gear.
Dynos in lower gears inflates numbers.
Maybe they are doing it to change the numbers lol. You are correct, it is good practice to use a gear that is closest to 1:1 ratio, but if they are simply using it as a tool to R&D their products then as long as they use the same gear every time it works fine. 4th is 1.03:1 so if they wanted to produce numbers that could be compared to then they should have used forth

HaveBlue83

3rd and they got those numbers........lol. cmon ford. cmon. i cant wait to see what the 4th pull shows.

i wont drink the cool aid on this car until it makes me smile like my fist does. the FoST sure didnt.