Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Upgraded turbochargers on full stock motor.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
So far, my car has only really ever seen the street (and the drag strip once but was only stock) so I should be good. I imagine there's a monitor for the EGTs on the Accessport? Any other mods you think I should look into before I make the switch? I was thinking about finishing up the induction pieces (turbo inlet, cross-over pipe, and induction hose) but I'd rather not have to spend that much cause it all adds up fast. Maybe some better boost hoses too? And what PSI should I go for, for the wastegate? I don't really know what difference they make.
Upgraded inlet on a stock turbo slightly helps with spreading the instant torque spike just a touch and helps you carry HP a little higher than the normal 5500 RPM but also doesn't exactly help with peak HP, I see mine drop a tiny bit but is more than made up for in helping carry power a little higher. But can just be done later if you get a hybrid. I actually did mine at the same time as crossover but before induction hose, those 2 are good to get to maximize torque and be set up later for a turbo upgrade. Best money to spend is to help get the power down, you can get RMM, both upper inserts and a traction bar all for under $300... No EGT on the AP, would have to be a whole sensor and gauge setup, not worth it unless you are racing. the Wastegate Actuator is 5psi stock and a 7psi can be used with a tune for a touch more power but just go with an 11psi one with a hybrid on stock fuel, 14psi if you are adding aux fuel to fully max out a hybrid, but since ANY WGA upgrade requires a new tune, just do it along with the turbo... Also, you want step colder plugs and a DV/BOV upgrade to use with high boost tunes now and can be used with a hybrid later of course. I went with the fully plug and play TurboSmart plumb back VR2. Also do a Symposer delete (to eliminate leaks at above stock boost) and change at least the rear muffler to a sporty one, even a cheap glasspack for deep, cheap sound. Since exhaust isn't really a restriction, so for me a glasspack was cheap and sounds deep.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Upgraded inlet on a stock turbo slightly helps with spreading the instant torque spike just a touch and helps you carry HP a little higher than the normal 5500 RPM but also doesn't exactly help with peak HP, I see mine drop a tiny bit but is more than made up for in helping carry power a little higher. But can just be done later if you get a hybrid. I actually did mine at the same time as crossover but before induction hose, those 2 are good to get to maximize torque and be set up later for a turbo upgrade. Best money to spend is to help get the power down, you can get RMM, both upper inserts and a traction bar all for under $300... No EGT on the AP, would have to be a whole sensor and gauge setup, not worth it unless you are racing. the Wastegate Actuator is 5psi stock and a 7psi can be used with a tune for a touch more power but just go with an 11psi one with a hybrid on stock fuel, 14psi if you are adding aux fuel to fully max out a hybrid, but since ANY WGA upgrade requires a new tune, just do it along with the turbo... Also, you want step colder plugs and a DV/BOV upgrade to use with high boost tunes now and can be used with a hybrid later of course. I went with the fully plug and play TurboSmart plumb back VR2. Also do a Symposer delete (to eliminate leaks at above stock boost) and change at least the rear muffler to a sporty one, even a cheap glasspack for deep, cheap sound. Since exhaust isn't really a restriction, so for me a glasspack was cheap and sounds deep.
Thanks for the info! Answers a lot of my questions. Fortunately I have almost all of these mods already.