Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Used FiST prices are way up

OK nobody sell your car, keep your Fiesta folks. We'll all be dead soon and within reason I'm driving what I want to drive. And like someone said above, these cars are RARE.

Years ago they were rare but now in 2021 they are becoming moreso for obvious reasons. More are in the scrapyard, none are being made. Most people don't know what my car is. At best they think it's a Focus ST. I see less and less of them on the road.

KEEP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone on the fence.....KEEP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This car is the rebirth of the 1991 SE-R. It is a fantastic and epic machine.
This is sage advice! I've heard too many stories about people who ditched their FiST and regretted it. Anytime I think of doing something else, I remember to practice contentment.

I would assume it's value going up has something to do with it being discontinued in the USDM, no?

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
I would assume it's value going up has something to do with it being discontinued in the USDM, no?
Maybe, who knows, it's all used cars but maybe moreso this one. I just made a short video on my YT channel inspired by our discussion here:

View: https://youtu.be/NugPqnjajqg

Maybe, who knows, it's all used cars but maybe moreso this one. I just made a short video on my YT channel inspired by our discussion here:

View: https://youtu.be/NugPqnjajqg
Your videos are the reason why I pulled the trigger on buying an ST. I contemplated getting one for at least two years but after watching some of your stuff I was like "Let's go!"

SteveS

1000 Post Club
If you think Fiesta ST prices are rising, you should check out Miata prices. A year or so ago you could buy good quality NA Miatas for $2800-3000. They are near to finishing a brand new road course near here, and after a year of negotiation with my wife about tracking her FiST, I decided to get a Miata for a track car. After all, they are cheap. Not any more. I started looking about 3 months ago and watched as asking prices rose, even on rusty, clapped out, badly modified teenager drift-style cars. There were several I slept a day on at $5000 that were gone overnight. I finally found a nice straight rust-free 1994 with original interior intact a month ago for $6300. Now, cars of the same quality and mileage the asking price is $7500-$8000. And they get snapped up fast.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #29
If you think Fiesta ST prices are rising, you should check out Miata prices. A year or so ago you could buy good quality NA Miatas for $2800-3000. They are near to finishing a brand new road course near here, and after a year of negotiation with my wife about tracking her FiST, I decided to get a Miata for a track car. After all, they are cheap. Not any more. I started looking about 3 months ago and watched as asking prices rose, even on rusty, clapped out, badly modified teenager drift-style cars. There were several I slept a day on at $5000 that were gone overnight. I finally found a nice straight rust-free 1994 with original interior intact a month ago for $6300. Now, cars of the same quality and mileage the asking price is $7500-$8000. And they get snapped up fast.
I believe it. About one month ago was the time to buy. I have a friend with a ~150k '98 Acura GSR that has a few issues, he's _____THINKING_____ of selling it to me for $2800. Hoping he decides to because like the Miatas prices on older rare Hondas/Acuras are moving north!!!!

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #30
Your videos are the reason why I pulled the trigger on buying an ST. I contemplated getting one for at least two years but after watching some of your stuff I was like "Let's go!"
Wow, that's amazing. Hope you are enjoying it as much as I advertise it is to be enjoyed.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
A friend of mine.
My lease ends June 8th on a 2018 Equinox & I was planning on just turning it in. The buyout is $17292 so I called the dealer & I'm selling it to them tomorrow for $20,000. I'll pocket $2,708. The car wasn't worth $14,000 6 months ago

Sent from my SM-A205U1 using Tapatalk

A friend of mine.
My lease ends June 8th on a 2018 Equinox & I was planning on just turning it in. The buyout is $17292 so I called the dealer & I'm selling it to them tomorrow for $20,000. I'll pocket $2,708. The car wasn't worth $14,000 6 months ago

Insane and VERY not normal. I don't think this will end well (regarding the economy in general).

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Insane and VERY not normal. I don't think this will end well (regarding the economy in general).
Not at all. Its called supply and demand. New cars are in shortage due to a shortage of semi chips that are used in them. Ford and other companies have idled their plants because of it. So the dealers are snatching up used cars so they can resell them. People are buying them because the the cycle really never ends. Cars are a consumable commodity always needing to be replaced . People are very locked into that concept and as such will always be looking for something different or newer.
If any of you think the economy is gonna crash you really do not see the bigger picture and listen to only one side of the aisle.
As what we are looking at is exactly the opposite. We are looking at year to year growth we have not seen in 30-40 years.

Not at all. Its called supply and demand. New cars are in shortage due to a shortage of semi chips that are used in them. Ford and other companies have idled their plants because of it. So the dealers are snatching up used cars so they can resell them. People are buying them because the the cycle really never ends. Cars are a consumable commodity always needing to be replaced . People are very locked into that concept and as such will always be looking for something different or newer.
If any of you think the economy is gonna crash you really do not see the bigger picture and listen to only one side of the aisle.
As what we are looking at is exactly the opposite. We are looking at year to year growth we have not seen in 30-40 years.
I hope you are right, but fear you are wrong. I do not just listen to one side of the isle, either.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I hope you are right, but fear you are wrong. I do not just listen to one side of the isle, either.
Its economics like I said before. I described the exact reason why what is happening. As the country reopens then you are going to see pent up demand for products that were not stay at home oriented which is going to drive the economy. One only has to look back at history to see this kind of phenomena . After the Spanish flu pandemic of 1918-1919 you had the roaring twenties which were very heady growth wise. The only reason you had the stock market crash in 29 is because too many people were allowed to by on extreme margins with no money to back up their investments. When there was a correction and margin call they could not pay and the stocks plunged due to that. Then people freaked and made a run on the banks so the banks closed to preserve their assets. Now we have a lot more checks and balances and people are not allowed to buy on such huge margins except the fools at Robinhood who actually did have to halt trading to combat that exact thing. They learned their lesson fast. lol
Though ya we are set to have roaring economic growth and if you fear or do not believe that you need to go back to school and study economics.
I invest I follow this stuff its pretty much a requirement if you are gonna make real money investing.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The only reason you had the stock market crash in 29 is because too many people were allowed to by on extreme margins with no money to back up their investments. When there was a correction and margin call they could not pay and the stocks plunged due to that. Then people freaked and made a run on the banks so the banks closed to preserve their assets. Now we have a lot more checks and balances
Precisely WHY we NEED those 'pesky regulations', which one side sooo vehemently loathes sooo maniacally. [wink] [thumb]

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39
A friend of mine.

Note however, if you (someone) sells their car as such and pockets the $2,708, then tries to buy another equivalent age/mileage used car to replace theirs, they're gonna get hit with the same inflation, possibly more if they buy something newer/nicer. So it's a great time to sell but a horrible time to buy. We were thinking of moving but after looking at the market, forget it. Sure my home is worth>$100000 more than what I paid for it 10 years ago but whatever I move into is too.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Its economics like I said before. I described the exact reason why what is happening. As the country reopens then you are going to see pent up demand for products that were not stay at home oriented which is going to drive the economy. One only has to look back at history to see this kind of phenomena . After the Spanish flu pandemic of 1918-1919 you had the roaring twenties which were very heady growth wise. The only reason you had the stock market crash in 29 is because too many people were allowed to by on extreme margins with no money to back up their investments. When there was a correction and margin call they could not pay and the stocks plunged due to that. Then people freaked and made a run on the banks so the banks closed to preserve their assets. Now we have a lot more checks and balances and people are not allowed to buy on such huge margins except the fools at Robinhood who actually did have to halt trading to combat that exact thing. They learned their lesson fast. lol
Though ya we are set to have roaring economic growth and if you fear or do not believe that you need to go back to school and study economics.
I invest I follow this stuff its pretty much a requirement if you are gonna make real money investing.
I just bought btc and some other cryptos 4 years ago cha-ching! lol