Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Using Google maps

I don't use navigation all that often and I don't have the factory navigation but have used Google Maps before and it would give directions through the stereo, cutting off the music temporarily in the car. But it has suddenly stopped working and now the directions are only audible through the speaker on the phone. Any help is appreciated Thanks

GAbOS

Turn off Bluetooth on the phone and then back on and remake the connection to Sync.

I don't use navigation all that often and I don't have the factory navigation but have used Google Maps before and it would give directions through the stereo, cutting off the music temporarily in the car. But it has suddenly stopped working and now the directions are only audible through the speaker on the phone. Any help is appreciated Thanks
Hey Tex ST-AR,

I can help. Which system do you have: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...h-sync/how-to-identify-your-sync-version.html

Shaay

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Google maps is 10x easier than the factory NAV which on my 2014 is already a bit outdated.....but it it is not perfect, I turn on the NAV on the dash then tell my phone where I want to go and nearly always it is right on and just listen to the phone as it sounds fine to me.

I hardly ever play music when driving though have beaten a prior world champion in sound quality competitions, I prefer to just drive but hardly ever drive in traffic, have not commuted in 14 years, etc....

I have the opposite issue where I have no sound from phone or coming through speakers when using google maps on my phone, have cycled bluetooth a few times with no avail.

I have the opposite issue where I have no sound from phone or coming through speakers when using google maps on my phone, have cycled bluetooth a few times with no avail.

Hey bam88,

Are you changing the audio source in your vehicle? Once you set the destination on your phone, press the VOICE COMMAND BUTTON on your vehicle and say BLUETOOTH AUDIO.

Let me know if that does the trick for you.

Whitney

Hey bam88,

Are you changing the audio source in your vehicle? Once you set the destination on your phone, press the VOICE COMMAND BUTTON on your vehicle and say BLUETOOTH AUDIO.

Whitney
Bingo. Was wondering why he never heard the navigation through speakers, then realized I always listen to Pandora, this always have Bluetooth as my source. If you are listening to radio or cds then the stereo doesn't play random phone signals (your navigation) cause it doesn't know you want it to.

Hey bam88,

Whitney
Right that did the trick, now I feel not smart..... Never occurred to me to change to my bluetooth source to play that as I am normally listening to satellite radio..... Thank you for the help!