Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Using Symposer Tube To Pass Wires Inside The Cabin

Anyone have tips for actually getting wires through the symposer tube? I have it detached at the point at the back underside of the battery tray. Inside the cabin I’m 99% certain I found the tube where it was ran and tucked up high under the dash. I haven’t cut any of the inside portion of the tube yet.

I tried with a spare piece of 4ga stereo wire I had laying around. I didn’t move to a stretched out coat hanger yet due to the tube running inside with that huge bundle of wires. Afraid I’ll get crazy and poke through and damage one of them.

So anyway, tips greatly appreciated.

Erick_V

All purpose grease. Put it on the cable and it'll be a lot easier to get it through. There's one kink that makes it hard to pass connectors through but once you get past that its easy

There’s a rubber diaphragm that’s sort of a firewall pass through for the symposer tube... I stuck an awl through the bottom of it, and some wires for the Ethanol sensor system. Worked out well... wire came through right at the edge of some thick insulation on the inside, and the rubber diaphragm sealed nicely around the wire.

OP
New_Daily
Thread Starter #5
There’s a rubber diaphragm that’s sort of a firewall pass through for the symposer tube... I stuck an awl through the bottom of it, and some wires for the Ethanol sensor system. Worked out well... wire came through right at the edge of some thick insulation on the inside, and the rubber diaphragm sealed nicely around the wire.
This is in the symposer tube?

OP
New_Daily
Thread Starter #7
No, the firewall pass through for the tube. let me see if I can show you...

View attachment 30437
Hmm. That cable or wire that you are following up top, with the yellow marks, that is not the symposer tube though. But you just punched through main rubber grommet that the large wire bundle goes through?

Hmm. That cable or wire that you are following up top, with the yellow marks, that is not the symposer tube though. But you just punched through main rubber grommet that the large wire bundle goes through?
Symposer tube is in the middle of that. The yellow marks follow the wire I installed.

If you can get a vaccum nozzle to the symposer tube you can use that to suction some kite string thru the symposer tube. Then use that to pullt some small copper (20-24 G) wire thru the tube. Then use that wire to pull a heavier wire or clad bundle thru the tube. I've used this method several times because it's always easier to pull a wire than push it.

OP
New_Daily
Thread Starter #12
I got tired of messing with that damn symposer tube so I opted for another location. Running wires in the fiesta isn’t the easiest. Even getting the main plug for the back of the gauge up to the a pillar area was a pain.

On that note, what’s with the “leashes” on the a-pillar trim? I’m guessing it’s for if the airbag goes off it prevents it from flying? Since I didn’t feel like messing with that either I just cut those damn things. So it’ll probably impale me in the case of side airbag deployment.

Attachments

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
The clutch pedal grommet. Or just drill a hole in the firewall and put a grommet into it. No big deal. I don’t know why people are so afraid to drill. It’s a car. You’re modding it. So - drill. It’s OK.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
The clutch pedal grommet. Or just drill a hole in the firewall and put a grommet into it. No big deal. I don’t know why people are so afraid to drill. It’s a car. You’re modding it. So - drill. It’s OK.
Folks dont want to poke holes into something they didnt mean to.

OP
New_Daily
Thread Starter #15
Folks dont want to poke holes into something they didnt mean to.
Yeah I mean even poking a pick through the existing hole and through the sound / heat deadner and I was quite close to poking it into the huge harness on the other side. It’s not just drilling it everything is so tight in these cars.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I GAVE IT A GOOD GO THROUGH THE SYMPOSER TUBE AND GOT PRETTY DEEP BUT SOMETHING WOULD NOT LET IT GO THROUGH. I SPENT A DECENT TIME TRYING TOO. JUST ENDED UP GOING THROUGH A BODY PLUG AND WENT ON WITH MY LIFE. I WAS OBSESSED WITH GOING THROUGH THERE BUT IT WOULDN'T GO IN

OP
New_Daily
Thread Starter #18
I GAVE IT A GOOD GO THROUGH THE SYMPOSER TUBE AND GOT PRETTY DEEP BUT SOMETHING WOULD NOT LET IT GO THROUGH. I SPENT A DECENT TIME TRYING TOO. JUST ENDED UP GOING THROUGH A BODY PLUG AND WENT ON WITH MY LIFE. I WAS OBSESSED WITH GOING THROUGH THERE BUT IT WOULDN'T GO IN
Yeah that's about how I felt, but in the end also just ran through somewhere else.