Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

V-MAXX 290mm Big Brake Kit for 15" Wheels

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
IIRC you can buy the setup from the R5 & R2 cars, but I think the R5 setup requires you to switch to a 5 lug stud arrangement.
Even the R2 setup requires a 5 lug hub for the full kit (IF you are going to use the supplied hats/rotors), but it is a more common FoST 5x108 hub, vs. the not so common 5x135 (or whatever hubs) on the R5/WRC cars.

I would just get the calipers, and then adapt them to one of the available 4x108 hat/rotor combos, or one piece rotors. [wink]

Update on our set of Vmaxx brakes:

-Flipped the calipers side to side so that they were actually facing the right direction from Vmaxx, thought this might eliminate the pad wear as well.
-Pad wear on track was terribly uneven. Completely ruined a set of EBC orange pads. They probably have another day or two in them but they are so unevenly worn that they are trash.
-Powdercoating on the caliper does NOT stand up to high track temps (its bubbling inside the calipers)

And my biggest complaint: There are NO spare parts available in the US. Ron does not yet stock spare parts for these calipers. We lost a brake pad retaining clip / spring. No big deal right? Wrong, they are $90 shipped from Vmaxx. That is INSANE. The parts are $15 for a pair, then throw in the mandatory FedEx shipping at $56 and the 5% paypal fee and here we are.

Nick Carl has had success with these brakes, but I do not think I can recommend them for a car which is daily driven as well as tracked. The lack of spares and the cost of those same spares makes this as costly as an EBC kit in the long run.
after every event I make it a habit to flip the pads, as they do taper poorly, that’s a issue that is well known for 4 piston setups for quite some time. Is tedious but is a must.
I personally am not a fan of any ebc product, when a manufacturer can’t give me heat ranges and pad friction coefficient numbers, I’ll spend my money where I can get that kind of important info.
I have roughly 40ish give or take days on this kit now, so far my powdercost is still like new, can take some pics of this next Sunday when I flip the pads for a 15th time LOL the rotors however are 22 days in so far and still look like I can get 3-6 more days out of them (pics below)
The spare parts availablity is a big downside, luckly I’ve only had to order one set of rotors so far (knock on wood lol) and the rest has performed as expected.

That is not to say I haven’t run into a few small issues, but overall for the price compaired to a AP kit for double the money, and being UK based parts would likely be the same issue I’ve been very pleased. With that said I do think a AP kit will be on its way over the offseason to give another product a try! 2851ECD0-CAA6-49BE-A08A-EB32AB43032C.jpeg