Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Velossatech big mouth- rain and snow

I was trying to find a post covering this so I apologize if I missed it.

i have concern about the big mouth sucking in precipitation or water from the car wash.

has anyone had issues of this nature that’s running one?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I was trying to find a post covering this so I apologize if I missed it.

i have concern about the big mouth sucking in precipitation or water from the car wash.

has anyone had issues of this nature that’s running one?
Nope* not going to be a problem. I have had mine on for like 6 years. Your FiST will never suck up enough water to hydrolock the engine while driving in a rain storm. It's not 4x4 and will never go water fjording also. Just buy one in your favorite color or the light up version and enjoy the FiST.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Commando81
Thread Starter #3
Nope* not going to be a problem. I have had mine on for like 6 years. Your FiST will never suck up enough water to hydrolock the engine while driving in a rain storm. It's not 4x4 and will never go water fjording also. Just buy one in your favorite color or the light up version and enjoy the FiST.

Thanks for the reply. It was the one aspect of concern I had for it

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Never had a problem. I imagine even if it does suck up water it’ll just saturate the filter with it rather than getting into the engine. If you have a ST200 or Mountune intake maybe it’ll drain out the bottom hose? No idea.

Mike King

U.S. Air Force Veteran
If the big mouth feeds directly into the side of the filter then I would say there could be a problem if you were at full throttle and hit water deep enough to cover it. I don't think this is the case or we would have heard about it here, people complaining about hydro locking and bent rods. You are probably good unless you want to go deep water fording.

OP
Commando81
Thread Starter #6
:unsure:
If the big mouth feeds directly into the side of the filter then I would say there could be a problem if you were at full throttle and hit water deep enough to cover it. I don't think this is the case or we would have heard about it here, people complaining about hydro locking and bent rods. You are probably good unless you want to go deep water fording.
Certainly isn’t on the to do list for the car. Havent forded a river since The Oregon Trail

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The main reason I don't have one on my car is not water/hydrolock concerns, but it IS the dust clouds I must drive through while following my fellow stage workers down the forestry roads while working on ARA rallies.

It is so bad at times that I could see it clogging the paper Motorcraft filter during the event, or getting past any of the thinner aftermarket filters, and into the intake tract. [:(]
(I take the ST200 box's bottom duct hose OUT of the airstream when working these events. [wink])

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
:unsure:

Certainly isn’t on the to do list for the car. Havent forded a river since The Oregon Trail
Never was into water fjording on the Oregon Trail...I was always hunting buffalo or worrying about Gary dying of dysentery or consumption.

Last edited: