Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Water leak(water stain in headliner, no sunroof)

TDavis

1000 Post Club
No, I do not have a sunroof. Noticed a few droplets of water on my all weather hatch floor mat, took my flashlight out, and pointed it at the headliner. Sure enough there are water stains in it where it appears to be leaking from somewhere. Stains right at the C-Pillar where the headliner meets the plastic interior trim that surrounds the rear small quarter windows.

Any insight before I tear this car apart to find it?

This car is gonna be the death of me. It got backed into a flatbed when I've owned it for 15 hours with 73 miles on it back when I first bought it with 15 miles. $5100 worth of damage the dealer paid for. 1 month later the taillight was literally wrinkling the paint on the top because it wasn't positioned correctly when the work was done. Got the re-work done and fits better then OEM. Fast forward a year and got my hatch paint fixed where it was flaking off on the inside. Fast forward a month and the hood is flaking just like the hatch was, I saw someones hood was flaking so the day I got it back from the hatch fix I checked it. Fast forward to today when I got the car back a week ago and finally got a chance to look over everything and find its leaking water. Add to the fact that 3 out of the 4 times I took it to the body shop for warranty paint they washed the car after the work was done when I specifically told them not to. Sounds petty but I like to wash my own vehicles, not to mention they stained the black exterior window trim with something that took multiple washes to get out.

I'm seriously almost done with this car. Mechanically it has been flawless and its a blast to drive but for fucks sake, its killing me. I take care of this car religiously and I'm getting bit in the ass over and over.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
No, I do not have a sunroof. Noticed a few droplets of water on my all weather hatch floor mat, took my flashlight out, and pointed it at the headliner. Sure enough there are water stains in it where it appears to be leaking from somewhere. Stains right at the C-Pillar where the headliner meets the plastic interior trim that surrounds the rear small quarter windows.

Any insight before I tear this car apart to find it?
Do you park inside or outside?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Hate to say it but it may be time to pull off the headliner and take out a water hose =(

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Are there any Trees or shrubbery that overhangs or car gets parked under ?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

koozy

3000 Post Club
Check the antenna. It's not too bad to remove. Should be signs/trace of water if it's entering from there. You will be able to get a good look of the roof panel/headliner from the rear of the hatch.