Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

We need a big IC option! Listen up Companies!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Let's start a go fund it page...where everyone donates some money to be put twords this and someone gets to test fit it....sounds like a plan to me! I'd donate $50....then if it works great if it doesn't then your out your donation!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Potential big cooler from Pumaspeed

We are happy to step up and get you a proper intercooler kit and crash beam.

We currently manufacture quite a few intercoolers for the St Fiesta platform and a lot more for many many other vehicles.
As you all know the front crash beam on the USA car and Euro cars is totally different so making a suitable solution woudl not be that simple for us.

However there could be potential to look at the old large DH unit and upgrade the end tank design if you boys think its worth the job in producing it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I understand that...one of their intercoolers has been fitted for our cars that was large with slight modding....i wanted to see a pic of what puma is talking about

Brura22

I understand that...one of their intercoolers has been fitted for our cars that was large with slight modding....i wanted to see a pic of what puma is talking about

You can go to their website. All of their current IC's are there.
I can link the website if you want?
Otherwise they're just saying they CAN make a race IC for ours, but currently don't have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Since our bumpers are also different than the Euro/Brit/R.O.W. as well, they would need a USDM spec car to ensure a properly constructed aftermarket crash bar as well.

Some of the members on here were commenting that even the DHM one, which WAS made for our bumpers, did not allow them to align their bumpers correctly on re-install. [dunno]

Cp-e is smaller than the Cobb design. The Stock fitment IC are marginal only to a point
not sure where you see that, the ic I just received is the largest son of a gun that can possibly fit. do not know how large an older design might be.....even boosts' chart shows it larger than the cobb. and I know I sure don't have the test gear to find out the best either.....

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
not sure where you see that, the ic I just received is the largest son of a gun that can possibly fit. do not know how large an older design might be.....even boosts' chart shows it larger than the cobb. and I know I sure don't have the test gear to find out the best either.....
Older design wasnt

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #34
You sir are particular. ;)
Ive been told. Bar and plate is the tits

My Mishi J-Line never goes above ambient on my MRX kit.
Seems like a gd option
Let's start a go fund it page...where everyone donates some money to be put twords this and someone gets to test fit it....sounds like a plan to me! I'd donate $50....then if it works great if it doesn't then your out your donation!

Hell yea!

We are happy to step up and get you a proper intercooler kit and crash beam.

We currently manufacture quite a few intercoolers for the St Fiesta platform and a lot more for many many other vehicles.
As you all know the front crash beam on the USA car and Euro cars is totally different so making a suitable solution woudl not be that simple for us.

However there could be potential to look at the old large DH unit and upgrade the end tank design if you boys think its worth the job in producing it.
That would be awesome Puma.You would have the market for sure. We could possibly get a group buy going

Doesn't levels make a new IC that fits behind the crash bar.
Not sure

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
The dhm race cooler was the best option out there. Someone should step up where they're leaving off. I've used a few different intercoolers and the dhm race is the absolute best. Now if you're running a hybrid the stock fitment ones might be good enough, but once you are pushing 340+ whp you're going to want that big core.
[MENTION=1058]re-rx7[/MENTION] I'm like 99% sure the dhm cooler is tube and fin. From what I was told (I may be wrong) the race intercooler used a treadstone core

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^AGREED with both above. [thumb]

But what is everyone supposed to do, wait until the few current owners of the DHM Race get bored with their cars, 'put them back to stock' to dump them (like we see all too often on here), and then sell those ICs for TWICE what they paid for them, since now they are rarer than the proverbial hens teeth??!! [dunno]

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39
I think someone will fill the void.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I think it may be awhile. DHM stood alone as pioneers in this and other areas for the platform, for someone to come in it's going to take time for R&D, etc.

and yes, all of my DHM parts have sky rocketed in value [biggrin] unobtanium.