Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

We need a big IC option! Listen up Companies!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Not quite yet Pat Sajak....hold the wheel..you know I love you Ron..Oh but it will...with slight modding on our vehicle. There was a post a while back I read on this CAC....it will fit but it needed to be tilted backwards from what I gathered from the article.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
That's cool if it's fits with slight modding / I was stating feedback from Wagner confirmed fitment was not intended for US Fiestas
If I were to massage a Euro intercooler to "fit" my US Fiesta, there are some really cool choices I'd snag before the Wagner.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
This car you speak of sounds awesome. Hopefully someone will build it, and beat 11.7
Yes, IF one considers this a drag race and straight line only car, I do not, but all the more power to those who want to try. ;)

But even if they do, once one tube frames the front clip with no fender liners at all, converts the rear axle to a solid, un-sprung and un-damped deal, and welds, or spools the front drive train in order to get 'there', it is no longer a FiST (in my eyes at least). [nono]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Given the loads of big intercoolers available for the EUDM FiST, do we really need a new big IC or a new crashbar that will allow us to fit EUDM intercoolers?
Begs the question; WILL the Euro/Brit/R.O.W. factory front crash bar fit our USDM cars, and if so, will our bumper go back over it evenly/properly without panel gaps?? [dunno]

Yikes, that's a packaging nightmare in the FiST. I can't even find a decent place for a remote oil filter!
Been thinking about it a lot. The rad goes where the stock IC goes, then mount the IC in the airbox location and move the intake to a ram air location.

If you did a battery delete you have tons of room (it would all fit in the boot space)

Yikes, that's a packaging nightmare in the FiST. I can't even find a decent place for a remote oil filter!
Been thinking about it a lot. The rad goes where the stock IC goes, then mount the IC in the airbox location and move the intake to a ram air location.

If you did a battery delete you have tons of room (it would all fit in the boot space)

Curious if some of the EUDM intercoolera(larger mountune/proalloy, airtec, Wagner, peron) would fit if you already have the dhm crash bar.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

Are you suggesting one like the Pro Mod/Outlaw 10/etc. drag racers use, with it's own dedicated coolant source/tank/pump? [???:)]

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm not sure what a radiator, pump, water/air IC, intake re-work, charge pipe re-work, etc. will get you over a larger air/air FMIC besides a little more efficiency on the margins.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm not sure what a radiator, pump, water/air IC, intake re-work, charge pipe re-work, etc. will get you over a larger air/air FMIC besides a little more efficiency on the margins.

Biggest draw is the low pressure drop and lower temps. Also I like tinkering :)

Brura22

What exactly chills the coolant/fluid in these systems?
On a water to air IC?

They use a standalone electric waterpump and tinyyyyy radiator somewhere in the grille to cool down the fluid that passes through the IC/heat exchanger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But even if they do, once one tube frames the front clip with no fender liners at all, converts the rear axle to a solid, un-sprung and un-damped deal, and welds, or spools the front drive train in order to get 'there', it is no longer a FiST (in my eyes at least). [nono]
Exactly this. All the guys going on and on about making this thing into a 1/4 mile weapon... Have you ever seen a 10 second Civic? They're unstreetable because you have to compromise so much to achieve that. I mean, good on you if you wanna make your FiST into a dedicated drag car, but it's not much else at that point. FWD cars are not meant for drag racing; just because you can throw a bunch of money at it and do it doesn't mean they're intended for it... It's like a lot of people are missing the plot with this car, in pursuit of cheap go-fast at the drag strip... Why not buy a foxbody and do 10s for $5000 and spend the rest on race fuel and tires?

Brura22

Exactly this. All the guys going on and on about making this thing into a 1/4 mile weapon... Have you ever seen a 10 second Civic? They're unstreetable because you have to compromise so much to achieve that. I mean, good on you if you wanna make your FiST into a dedicated drag car, but it's not much else at that point. FWD cars are not meant for drag racing; just because you can throw a bunch of money at it and do it doesn't mean they're intended for it... It's like a lot of people are missing the plot with this car, in pursuit of cheap go-fast at the drag strip... Why not buy a foxbody and do 10s for $5000 and spend the rest on race fuel and tires?
Yeah I've got a 1991 BMW E30 with a 3.5l Inline 6 swap. Threw a Holset junker turbo on it with some big injectors, hitting 500 to the wheel and it runs 10's easy.
The E30 weighs even less than my Fiesta and it's loaded.

Trust me, people don't expect to get smacked by my 4 door grocery getting German junker.
Everyone expects my bright orange Fiesta ST to be fast though. Definitely not a sleeper[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
re-rx7

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #80
I agree. I just wanna make about 300-330.