Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Weird issue with estimated miles to empty reading

Stkid93

Premium Account
So,

I was low on gas to the point where I got to 0 miles to empty, I added a gallon to the car and it was still saying 0 miles to empty. I ended up filling the tank up later that day and then it read like 630 miles to empty. The weird thing is the gas gauge is still reading fine. Right now I’m at a little over half a tank and it’s still saying 300 miles to empty. I’ve tried re installing my tune twice to try to reset it but it hasn’t worked. Any suggestions?

Have you reset your MPG tracker lately? I'm curious what kind of mileage it thinks you're getting.

OP
Stkid93

Stkid93

Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
@FJ16

Yes. It’s reading normal 20 ish mph on e40 for city. Plus or minus 2 in either direction depending on factors and about 30 ish on the highway. Again plus or minus 2 mpg

Stop installing tunes as it messes that value up for a while. Just drive it and it should adjust within a tank or two.