Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Weird issue with OEM infotainment / SYNC 3

Charlie

OK, here we go.

2019 sync3. I bought the car new in 2019, bone stock, no mods of any kind.

From day one I found the FM reception poor. Every time it went to the dealer (for other reasons) I mentioned how lousy the reception is. Dealer pretty much ignored my complaints. This despite there being a radio station in my town, and It would be terrible when I was a block away! I don't use the radio much, so while annoying, I put up with it.

Today, I actually had the radio on, and as usual, it was terrible. every station I tried was static-y, as if I was barely in range of the station. Then, a funny thing happened. I got to my destination, and when I turned the car off, the static went away, and the reception was perfect! Never seen anything like it. I made several more stops over the course of the day, and it did the same thing each time.

I was unable to find anything on the interwebs about this issue, and I've never seen anything like it. Does anyone out there in FiST land have any suggestions on what's going on?

Many thanks,
-Charlie.

OP
Charlie

Charlie

Thread Starter #3
No. it's not the classic, up & down with engine speed interference/buzzing we all dealt with when we were DIY upgrading our sound systems in high school. It sounds and behaves like it can't pull in the station because it's out of range.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
There is a method somewhere here in the forums on how to update Sync via USB flash drive. I'd try that first because it's no risk.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It sounds like something is shorting out the antenna connection/circuit only when the engine is running, if that is even possible?? [???:)]