Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Well this wasn't supposed to happen

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #201
Got the Dpro camber plates in. Need to take the rear back apart to remove the dust shields so the ABS and TC work.

These Carbotech pads are fucking insane.

But she is in good health, and is ready, with a wheel swap, for next weeks trackday.

Attachments

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #202
I got my skinny Whoosh order in. They do awesome, High quality, and custom vinyl.

I'm pumped to be able to finally start my track list on the Fiesta, can't wait to get the window completely outlined in tracks.

Attachments

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #203
We had our first big snow of the season. Car did amazing just like every other time.

Even with the dpro plates the rear never felt loose or out of line. I still haven't gotten around to taking the rear apart and pulling the shields so I was out and about with no abs/tc/esc and never had an issue.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #204
The trackday on the 8th was rescheduled to the 9th cause they were able to get on the main circuit at Summit Point. That was postponed to the 16th because of weather. Well it was just postponed again to the 22nd because we're supposed to get quite a bit of the white stuff on Sunday.

I'm kinda bummed that the new date is on a Saturday, cause now I need to leave work early so I can actually sleep the night before.

But in other news, the Ole gal has been doing great and is taking the winter weather in stride. Also it's been real cold a couple days.

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, it got a bit chilly here as well the last couple of nights and will again tonight.

But of course, the whole group of northern tier states/Canuck Northland people on here are laughing at us for thinking those temps are 'cold'. [wink] [:)]

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #206
Yeah, it got a bit chilly here as well the last couple of nights and will again tonight.

But of course, the whole group of northern tier states/Canuck Northland people on here are laughing at us for thinking those temps are 'cold'. [wink] [:)]
Yea I follow some NH pages and subreddits and they had a couple feels like -40 days. Fuck that.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #207
Update time

Ordered new R888Rs to see how they do on track compared to the RT660s. The 660s ran a good life but are at the end of their life.

The carbotech pads are INSANE! It took a bit to get them fully bedded in and once they were they were magical. I kept pushing my braking zones deeper and deeper but kept braking too early. I really have to adjust my "I really need to slow down or ima die" reflex, cause my last run I came into turn 10 at Summit main at 115 and still hit the stoppers too early.

Feb12 is the last race for the series and I am cemented into at least 2nd place. I have to get at least a 1st in one round to come in 1st for the series, that is if the guy currently in 1st doesn't show. I really want to go back in time and NOT fall asleep during lunch and miss the start of the afternoon race back in Nov.

kevinatfms

Update time

Ordered new R888Rs to see how they do on track compared to the RT660s. The 660s ran a good life but are at the end of their life.

The carbotech pads are INSANE! It took a bit to get them fully bedded in and once they were they were magical. I kept pushing my braking zones deeper and deeper but kept braking too early. I really have to adjust my "I really need to slow down or ima die" reflex, cause my last run I came into turn 10 at Summit main at 115 and still hit the stoppers too early.

Feb12 is the last race for the series and I am cemented into at least 2nd place. I have to get at least a 1st in one round to come in 1st for the series, that is if the guy currently in 1st doesn't show. I really want to go back in time and NOT fall asleep during lunch and miss the start of the afternoon race back in Nov.
What class did you end up in? Street or prepared?

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #210
Yay, got some new R888Rs mounted up on the Ultraleggeras. The two used ones came off of my slipstreams. These OZs are now gonna be another set of track wheels.

Attachments

kevinatfms

I'm still in novice. But if I was to be put in one of the classes it would be CF2, I might be able to swing SF2.
Youre going to hate life in SF2 or CF2. Skip the R888's when running trackcross. We are supremely outgunned in either class without hacking the fenders apart.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #212
Youre going to hate life in SF2 or CF2. Skip the R888's when running trackcross. We are supremely outgunned in either class without hacking the fenders apart.
I'm only running these cause the 660s are dead. Gonna be trying out some new rubber when I get the car set up after I get settled in up in NH.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #214
Well, finished cleaning the outside and gave the inside a small wipe down. She's now all ready for the last track session of the season tomorrow. It's supposed to be in the mid 50's tomorrow which should be just enough to be able to get some temp in the tires.

I'm locked in for 2nd in class, and unless the guy in 1st breaks or is a no-show then I don't have a chance to get 1st. Definitely happy with how the car has performed so far, and can't wait to get it REALLY set up for track use.

The plan is to pick up a new daily (C43, M340, S4, etc something comfy and awd) and start tearing the Fiesta apart.

Attachments

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #216
Well if you care to see some runs I remembered my gopro this time.

https://youtube.com/user/r2kool4u

I'm fighting the stock diff bad, so that's definitely my next upgrade.

I won't be doing any track stuff for a long time. I'm moving to NE next weekend, so I need to get settled in up there. Then I need to drop the car off for the diff, and some other bits. Then I'll start getting stuck in with track stuff up there.

Attachments

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well if you care to see some runs I remembered my gopro this time.

https://youtube.com/user/r2kool4u

I'm fighting the stock diff bad, so that's definitely my next upgrade.

I won't be doing any track stuff for a long time. I'm moving to NE next weekend, so I need to get settled in up there. Then I need to drop the car off for the diff, and some other bits. Then I'll start getting stuck in with track stuff up there.
I just watched that video right before I came here! Your Helmet mounted GoPro is perfect, it shows you shifting, the gauges, and what you see through the windshield.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #219
I just watched that video right before I came here! Your Helmet mounted GoPro is perfect, it shows you shifting, the gauges, and what you see through the windshield.
Yea I definitely like the helmet mount instead of a solid mount. Gives the video more "depth".

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Search for Mass Tuning Trackdays, probably the best value up this way. I've got 8 booked for 2022 so far.