Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Well this wasn't supposed to happen

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #181
Update on the brakes.

I rebled everything and it's definitely the PR caliper. I have great flow all the way through the hard line and the SS line but still almost nothing from the caliper. It's got enough brakes to drive normally so I'm just waiting on the new caliper now.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #183
Score! Got the new caliper installed, very very easy BTW, only a couple tools needed, 8mm socket on 1/4" rachet, 13mm socket, 14mm wrench, 11mm wrench, some large adjustable pliers, and a big flat blade screwdriver.

Got the Russell speed bleeders installed and they definitely make things even easier.

Now the car is all ready for the next track day on Dec 11th.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Score! Got the new caliper installed, very very easy BTW, only a couple tools needed, 8mm socket on 1/4" rachet, 13mm socket, 14mm wrench, 11mm wrench, some large adjustable pliers, and a big flat blade screwdriver.

Got the Russell speed bleeders installed and they definitely make things even easier.

Now the car is all ready for the next track day on Dec 11th.

Part# of speed bleeders*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #186
Another track outing in the books.

The brakes did pretty damn good. I had some slight fade into the final turn on my 4th actual lap of my second heat.

I'm planning to upgrade from the HPS5.0 pads as I I need a tad more brakes than what they deliver.

Today was much nicer weather than last month. High 50's low 60's all day, so I was able to get a good amount of temp into eh tires and GOD DAMN are these 660s amazing once they're all warm and sticky.

I placed 1st in class, which is kinda cool, and 12th overall on the AM runs.

I placed 2nd in class on the PM runs but 1st overall for the whole event.

For those that have been the Summit Point next month may be at the main course which is a much higher speed circuit, so I'll definitely need to address the brakes before then.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #187
Also the Ksport coils aren't up to actual track driving. Going to be looking into a sat of Fortune 510's soon, as I'm leaving a lot of time on the table with the under performing suspension.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #189
Well, next month should be a lot of fun.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #190
Forgot to upload the times from the last track day. I started running into brake fade in the 3rd PM run and decided to back it off a hair.

I have XP10 and 8 pads on the way to remedy that.

Edit: apparently using mobile completely nerfs the s reenahot of the times so I'm gonna try to use my computer and see if that's better.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #192
Don't mess around on auction site at 4am......accidently bought a set of 16x7 OZ Ultraleggeras. Deciding if I'm gonna throw some Nankang AR1s on em, or make them my new winter set, that way I can get a slightly bigger brake set up.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
205/45 AR-1s??

They make the NS-2Rs in a 215/45, and it is the widest tread width tire (200 tread wear, not a full race slick) made in that size.

But yeah, probably a bit too wide to be 'optimal' on a 7" wide wheel. [:(]

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #194
205/45 AR-1s??

They make the NS-2Rs in a 215/45, and it is the widest tread width tire (200 tread wear, not a full race slick) made in that size.

But yeah, probably a bit too wide to be 'optimal' on a 7" wide wheel. [:(]
I just decided to use them for my winter set up, gonna be throwing some 185/55/16 WS90s on em. I'm rocking steelies right now, but I want to upgrade the brakes to a slightly bigger set up and need to get rid of the 15's, so it's the perfect excuse.

I do still have my 16x7 slipstreams that have R888Rs on them.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #195
Got the Dpro camber plates in, Carbotech XP10/8 pads installed, coils cleaned and adjusted.

Went to change the oil and got a surprise. Found a keeper on the drain plug. So now I've started pulling the VC, hopefully have the c a s fully exposed tomorrow, then get the engine in time, belt and pullies marked cause the cams have to come out, then the fun job of finding what cylinder it's from.

Hopefully I can have it fixed by next track day, on Jan 8th.

While it is apart I'm obviously going to check all 16 valves to make sure the keepers are set in place.its been 4k miles since the last oil change, 2 track days, and obviously I have no idea how long it's been fucked up. Car still runs and drives perfectly fine, so I'm very grateful that I was able to catch it now.

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Got the Dpro camber plates in, Carbotech XP10/8 pads installed, coils cleaned and adjusted.

Went to change the oil and got a surprise. Found a keeper on the drain plug. So now I've started pulling the VC, hopefully have the c a s fully exposed tomorrow, then get the engine in time, belt and pullies marked cause the cams have to come out, then the fun job of finding what cylinder it's from.

Hopefully I can have it fixed by next track day, on Jan 8th.

While it is apart I'm obviously going to check all 16 valves to make sure the keepers are set in place.its been 4k miles since the last oil change, 2 track days, and obviously I have no idea how long it's been fucked up. Car still runs and drives perfectly fine, so I'm very grateful that I was able to catch it now.
This has been encountered before by another member. It was left/ lost accidentally during install of engine by fomoco. Not even worth pulling the VC. Think about it for a second....if that keeper was really "Gone/missing" that engine would have some major issues. Just an FYI...

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #198
This has been encountered before by another member. It was left/ lost accidentally during install of engine by fomoco. Not even worth pulling the VC. Think about it for a second....if that keeper was really "Gone/missing" that engine would have some major issues. Just an FYI...

Not the first I've heard of an extra keeper, but I am not going to take a chance, plus just found the back, exhaust side, of the VC is leaking, so I gotta get a gasket and remedy that.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #199
Just read the other thread about this issue from earlier this year.

Think I'm just gonna do the VC gasket and cam follower and not pull the cams.

My keeper is also in perfect condition, and I just started doing track stuff 2 months ago, so it's well within reason it's been in the pan the whole time.

If it blows up, then hopefully it'll be on video.

OP
Gearbox88m

Gearbox88m

Active Duty U.S. Army
Thread Starter #200
New VC gasket is in, woot woot for parts at cost with no shipping, perk of working at a dealer. Gotta find the new cam bucket I bought eons ago.

Plan to have it all back together, and not leaking, on Friday. Still need to bed in the new Carbotech XP10/8 pads for the 8th.