Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What "affordable fun" stable mate for your Fiesta do you have?

And now for something different - 2012 Genuine Stella 4t. Made off of the old Vespa PX monocoque but with a four stroke. Has a 4
speed “manual” (which means “by hand”) you shift on the clutch grip. EPA rated 140 mpg, though I’ve rarely broken 100. Goes 65, accelerates like a snail, lots of fun on the city. 229067C4-F58D-4757-AAF8-773E0930CE67.jpeg

And now for something different - 2012 Genuine Stella 4t. Made off of the old Vespa PX monocoque but with a four stroke. Has a 4
speed “manual” (which means “by hand”) you shift on the clutch grip. EPA rated 140 mpg, though I’ve rarely broken 100. Goes 65, accelerates like a snail, lots of fun on the city. View attachment 52707
Another car were wrenching on atm - ‘53 MGTD. My brother and I are working on it with our aging dad - car has been in the family since the 60s, but recently came back into our orbit. Put in disc brakes and a higher final drive last year (5.1 to 4.3 from an MGA) and now it cruises along. Most fun you can have with 55 hp 🙃
6745C827-73F7-46D4-80A2-3F418501A2DB.jpeg

dhminer

2000 Post Club

My 1994 Toyota MR2, with a supercharged 3.5L V6 swap, I don't think I'd call it affordable since it does a great job of removing money from my bank account, but in theory it could be... It started an a non-turbo automatic :oops:
Sir. We need more details on this car. I‘ve always wanted one of these and a sc V6 swap sounds insane

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
speed “manual” (which means “by hand”) you shift on the clutch grip. EPA rated 140 mpg, though I’ve rarely broken 100. Goes 65, accelerates like a snail, lots of fun on the city. View attachment 52707
Do you wear a 'mod' suit while riding this scoot? (It's a "Quadrophenia" reference for those either too young, or who do not 'get' the question. [wink])

the duke

I want a yellow one.
1669516234652.png

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Well, after many hours searching and looking at Miata's, Fiata's, and MR2. My kids found something that has similar weight and power
to the FiST but NA and a lower center of gravity. Price was good too! View attachment 53163
Those things handle like on the proverbial rails, but, they are a complete and total junk yard dog mean azz B**CH to work on; plug changes totally blind/by feel while under the car with rusty exhaust/exhaust shield bits falling into your eyes and mouth, the whole interior bulkhead behind the seats must come out to change the serpentine belt, forget about hoses, and even the filters are no joy ride.

Just hope that the in trunk radiator overflow tank never has to be replaced, or better yet already HAS been replaced, along with many other recalls, TSBs, and other failure point components. [:(]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ford Sierra as 'we' know it. none left here as they've all turned to rust dust.

light. reasonably powerful with a 2.8 v6. Also with AWD here, not sure about there.
As far as I know, we only got the SOHC 2.3 turbo 4 pot Mustang SVO based engine and RWD here in the states (sadly NO Cossie RS/RS500 versions at all).

I thought that only the 4 door sedan Sierras got AWD, whether with the boosted Cossie BDT, or that (Cologne??) V-6, there on the other side of the pond? [???:)]

RobXR4

I'm guessing
this thread is going to take a left turn sometime, so I won't mind if you post other types of cars you have and enjoy.
Um... another Fiesta? Our family has 3, one for the road, one for khanacross, and the rally car :D

Some nice ideas above, including what you settled on.
btw I've heard good things about the Lexus IS, especially if you can get a manual with the slippy diff.

Last edited: