Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Traded in my 2012 Subaru WRX

Decided to get rid of the Subie and hop into a Fiesta ST! It was not as difficult of a decision as I would have thought. I liked my subie, but I LOVE my fiesta. The gas mileage on the WRX was terrible, the handling was good but never felt as direct and sorted as I wanted it to, no matter how much I modified it, and the interior and sound system never got close to what I wanted.

This car has is all. It's damn near perfect. Sure, at one point I had 320awhp and 340awtq in the Subie... and it was fast... but it never quite gave me the joy that I was expecting and hoping for out of my car. I feel connected to the Fiesta, but when I was in the Subie I wasn't.

The Subaru was good to me, and the friends I made through the car will be there forever, but switching to the Fiesta ST was a great choice.

*Oh, and the girlfriend completely loves it* ;)

I picked up a 2014 Fiesta ST in tuxedo black, with Recaro seats, upgraded wheels, moonroof, navigation, and a few other little things.

Haven't quite decided if I want to mod the car yet... when the mod bug bites me it bites hard... and I also feel like it will be hard to improve on this already great set up.

If anyone has some tips they want to leave me, I love info and advice. Anything to help in the switch. Hope to see some of you out on the road!

CanadianST

Welcome and congrats on the new purchase! Glad to hear you're loving it. A COBB Accessport was my first mod and with just a stage 1 tune made a world of difference from daily driving to flogging, I'd highly recommend it. Throw some pics up as well when you get the chance!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome to the forum and congrats! [welcome]

slimfit

Trying to justify trading in my protuned stage2 2011 WRX for a Fiest ST. Glad to see the opinions of someone who made the switch!

OP
S
Thread Starter #10
Thanks for all of the welcoming comments! Glad to be a part of this community. I've already put 200 miles of actual canyon driving on the car in 2 days... I think I have a problem... ;)

OP
S
Thread Starter #11
The gas mileage alone is enough to do the switch. I love to drive on the amazing canyon roads we have here in so-cal. I can drive to Mulholland, do the actual run, and then drive back for less $$$ than it would have taken me to simply drive TO the road in the subie. It's amazing. I have no regrets at all. I am super pleased. Good luck with your decision making!

I currently have a 2014 Fiesta ST that's in pieces (literally) that I enjoyed driving for the first few hundred miles. My other car is a 2014 WRX which I considered trading for another Fiesta ST just the other day but I just couldn't do it. Yes it'll lower payments and gas bills going with an ST and the stereo does sucks in the Subaru like mentioned above and it might not have all the goodies that my ST has but at the end of the day a Subaru is a Subaru. Don't get me wrong though, I love my Fiesta ST and it's such a great car that it's getting a better life as a rally car :)