Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What is everyone doing about TPMS with new wheels?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Not sure. I just assumed that it would have to be synced every time. My past experience has been with vehicles that provided tire specific monitoring ie. They would be synced even if you rotated. I haven't swapped back to the winters on the FiST yet so maybe it's capable of it...
Well I will let you know once I get my winters. But since the Ford system does not tell you which wheel is low or at what pressure it should (I hope) handle 2 sets at least.

The fist can only handle 4 sensors when I got my fist it was on winther tires I put back my oem tires on spring took about a week for the Light Too Come on and then I was able Too use the ford trigger tool to reset the tpms.

herragge

Hey guys,

Thanks for the informative thread. Putting a set of 16" alloys for my winter setup on WS80's. Looking forward to seeing how they perform. Want to get a new set of TPMS though...wanted to confirm what alot of people are running. The previous link: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/FORD-GENUINE-OEM-TPMS-SENSORS-2009-014-SET-4-DE8T-1A180-AA-BRAND-NEW-TAKE-OFFS-/161346609760?clk_rvr_id=900170684808&rmvSB=true

These are authentic Motorcraft from what others have said. Anyone have any luck with them on a 2015 ST? Should one expect any issues with the 2015 if they worked on previous years?

Cheers

GAbOS

I won't be buying the for extra sets of wheels myself. Cars function fine without them. Thanks Ford/Firestone!!

Etyrnus

I won't be buying the for extra sets of wheels myself. Cars function fine without them. Thanks Ford/Firestone!!

More like thanks politicians, for making one more idiot light for those too lazy to check their tire pressure.

In order to run such low profile tires, like the 40 series that comes factory the TPMS makes sense. When air pressure runs low in these tires you can barely feel it.

GAbOS

I was taught to check my tires regularly before I was of age to drive and in the very least do a walk around visual inspection of the car in general.

Why would you put the tpms tank in your passenger compartment? Besides, its no more of a bomb as anything else in your car that's pressurized.

All in all, I'm glad the gear is much cheaper than it was for my Mitsubishi if I did want to use them.

Of course you should check before you start driving but you can always pick something up while driving and then you've just destroyed a tire and possibly a rim before you ever realize it.

GAbOS

I guess that depends on the driver. I've had a fast leak due to puncture without sensors and knew it. Depends on how numb you are to the way your car feels while driving I guess. Don't get me wrong though. I'm not saying they are not helpful, just a waste of money for me.