Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hey everyone

Hey whats up everyone! So admittedly I do not have a fiesta st..yet.. not all that long ago I had an 18 wrx that was stage 2 tuned on e60, alot of fun, but I had to get rid of it, as I moved into a nicer place and couldn't afford the payments on my wrx anymore. I now have a base model 2014 impreza. Yay.. haha, ment only to be an interim car until I get another boosted vehical, I've done alot of research and and now looking at getting into a fiesta st! Currently searching but I have to pay down my impreza a bit first, or sell it.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome to the cult!
1636858972309.png
I don't have to tell you used cars are outrageous right now. '18 and up have backup cameras if that matters to you. '14s (and I think some '15s) had the recall where they put some crap on it to monitor the coolant level, but don't fix the problem (a coolant flow issue in the head, which got fixed with a redesigned head). Don't get one that's been recalled.
The paint on these cars is cheap, and some of them are so poorly painted, it flakes off under the hatch, hood or door seams. My '17 has some bubbles under the antenna, but the rest still looks fine. Just something to look out for.

The good news is that the FiST has turned out to be a reliable car for the most part. Some have a lot of miles, and they still run fine.

OP
L
Thread Starter #4
Hey thanks for the info! I can't wait to get into one of these, a friend of mine has one and to be honest, I had more fun driving this completely stock st, then I had with my wrx, lol, I'm jelly of all you guys already having one lol

Anyone wanna trade for a 14 impreza? Lol

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hey thanks for the info! I can't wait to get into one of these, a friend of mine has one and to be honest, I had more fun driving this completely stock st, then I had with my wrx, lol, I'm jelly of all you guys already having one lol

Anyone wanna trade for a 14 impreza? Lol
You make a good point. The FiST isn't all that fast, but it's simple by modern standards, and a hoot to drive. It's also easy to work on and gets decent mileage.
Used ones are selling for as much as new ones did a couple years ago, but they're worth it. It makes me grin every day.

OP
L
Thread Starter #6
I've seen a few around the interwebs in the 12g ish price point, ill just have to see what's around when I make the move to get one

OP
L
Thread Starter #7
So I currently have a local dealer who I have had great interactions with, I've bought my two previous cars from them, out lookin for one for me as we speak, so maybe I'll get an early Christmas present for myself? 😁

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Is that a common thing at all with these cars? Or do I get to feel special and think I got something a bit original? Lol (if I end up with the car that is)
It is fairly common since they bolt right on. They made 3 different designs for the SVT Focus wheels over it 3 year run, 5-spokes (like this one has), 6-spokes (2004 only) and EAP wheels on the cars with the European Appearance Package option that are mulit-spoked, like 27 or something like that. They all just bolt on to the FiST so it's an inexpensive alternative wheel for a different look. I've seen all 3 designs on Fiesta ST's.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jeff

2000 Post Club
I came from a super powered scooby into the lowly Fiesta. Fiesta is way more special.

If you find a good one buy it don't go home and think about it, someone else will get it while you're lollygagging.

OP
L
Thread Starter #19
I came from a super powered scooby into the lowly Fiesta. Fiesta is way more special.

If you find a good one buy it don't go home and think about it, someone else will get it while you're lollygagging.
Hey man, love the YouTube vids! Yeah I'm trying to jump on this one, currently waiting on the dealership who will be purchasing this car, for me to buy from them.. to get ahold of me and let me know if it's gonna be a go or if it's not gonna work. They have left me in suspense all day yesterday, and nothing yet today.. super anxious rn 😬

Magnetic

Hey man, love the YouTube vids! Yeah I'm trying to jump on this one, currently waiting on the dealership who will be purchasing this car, for me to buy from them.. to get ahold of me and let me know if it's gonna be a go or if it's not gonna work. They have left me in suspense all day yesterday, and nothing yet today.. super anxious rn 😬
Hang in there! It'll be 100% worth it!