Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What the f*** are dealers thinking? Look at what they're asking for these things!

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
You realize that's my point right? I'm saying "these prices aren't vehicles that have sold, they're just wild asks" and your counter to that is "No, for example here's a vehicle that didn't sell but the guy totally said it would sell soon"?

I understand the market is nuts, but I'm saying that posting this video is just low-effort click farming. They're pointless what-ifs. I can post my FiST for $500k on Autotrader tomorrow - does that mean the market is "totally out of control!!11!!!!!1!"?
My buddy is a sales manager at a local Chevy dealership. I asked him if the Covid had hit them hard with people not working and such. He told me that they have never done such great business since the pandemic hit. All the vehicles are selling at above MSRP and people wont wait and are willing to pay the mark-ups. He just bought a new house. California housing is crazy as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronmcdon

Geez, pre-pandemic in Mar 2019 I recall all the C7 corvettes and camaros were so heavily discounted it was heartbreaking to see them being sold for 10k under msrp at times. Glad I got my camaro at 7k under msrp and could have gotten better deal if I did more research on forums. Often have been tempted to sell my car w/ 2k miles and would make a profit given how much the used cars go for. How times have changed.

In CA I think some of the camaros like the ZL1 could not be sold bc some BS about the brake pads not eco friendly enough. That can't help with pricing.

Yeah forget about CA housing. Cousin and husband got house in Irvine in Dec '20 at around 900k and were lucky enough not to get a-holes bid another 2-3 hundred grand on top of it. About 12 months later their house worth 1.4 mil now. Wish I would have jumped on CA housing market even back in early '20. Now forget it, even states like AZ are becoming too expensive with houses.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I too wasted my time watching that stupid video To me, it was just an excuse to make a stupid video!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Geez, pre-pandemic in Mar 2019 I recall all the C7 corvettes and camaros were so heavily discounted it was heartbreaking to see them being sold for 10k under msrp at times. Glad I got my camaro at 7k under msrp and could have gotten better deal if I did more research on forums. Often have been tempted to sell my car w/ 2k miles and would make a profit given how much the used cars go for. How times have changed.

In CA I think some of the camaros like the ZL1 could not be sold bc some BS about the brake pads not eco friendly enough. That can't help with pricing.

Yeah forget about CA housing. Cousin and husband got house in Irvine in Dec '20 at around 900k and were lucky enough not to get a-holes bid another 2-3 hundred grand on top of it. About 12 months later their house worth 1.4 mil now. Wish I would have jumped on CA housing market even back in early '20. Now forget it, even states like AZ are becoming too expensive with houses.
Ya 2019 early 20 was when I was like ok I will move to larger place and get all things sorted and buy a house then Pandemic then housing prices go nuts. Now I am like wtf am I going to get for my money :LOL:

I paid 9500 UKP for mine a couple of years ago. I've stuck another 15k miles on it and the auction offer price is what I paid.

That's the problem with supply of new cars due to Covid.

All 2nd hand prices over here have gone up.

dhminer

2000 Post Club

Bull Run

U.S. Army Veteran
It's fortunate (for Fiesta buyers) that trucks are SUVs are popular, not sub-compacts, around here. My current car was listed for $15K last August but still managed to haggle $1K off of it, since the dealer probably wanted to make more room for trucks and SUVs.

I also believe car prices will see a steep decline sooner or later, just like what's happening with over-valued growth stocks and crypto recently. So anyone paying ADM just because they can't wait to get their hands on what's essentially a "toy" (notice how deals don't have ADMs on boring cars) will see values on their cars take a big hit.

IMO we'll see a decline in buying over Q1 2022 due to the prepaid child tax credit being discontinued with prices to be reflected by mid 2022. My opinion is that through the second half of 2021 many families had a false sense of buying power that was about equal to a car payment. My .02.

And looks like shit. But they know with the power of the propaganda on the TV and radio, they can mind control the zombies into believing pretty much anything........

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Seen one of these Broncos in a parking lot. Looks good. Personally I like FiST sized (and smaller) vehicles so wouldn't buy anything like those. But looks nice. If I need to haul anything, will hitch the FiST.

I suspect @FJ16 has it right. I think the term he may have been tip-toeing around is, "click bait". We can find extreme examples in just about anything.
https://www.feoa.net/threads/overpriced-1991-pony-in-knoxville.117278/post-1121529

Suspect FleaBay items being listed/sold for sdoobidly insane prices are for money laundering purposes.

The minute I drove my 2017 off the dealer lot 1 year ago it appreciated in value even the car my wife bought that same week went up in value.