Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What would you replace your Fiesta ST with?

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
They made a 1 liter 3 banger 5 speed MK7 the EcoBoost Fiesta.. It was literally like the ultimate base model . With skinny gas saver tires it got like 40 miles to the gallon. I test drove one and almost bought a low mileage one for like 7k. They came out before the FiST a lot of the people that actually bought them were enthusiasts and the minute the FiST hit they bought FiST’s.
Not the same as the 1.0 in the mk8 FiST. Same displacement but very different specifications.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

kevinatfms

Civic Type R
Elantra N
Veloster N
Civic Si
GR86
GR-Four Corolla(or whatever final name it gets)
Miata ND2

An oddball that might be fun would be the Kona N but alot of track event organizers frown on the CUV/SUVs on track. So unless i knew for a fact they wouldnt dent entry i probably wouldnt buy it. Would suck to have a performance CUV only to not be able to track the thing. I think it would be a hoot though with the amount of power and the DCT even though its only FWD. The space in the back would be nice also.

Mikey456

If I had to I would go with the ND2 Miata with the “sport” package. Lightweight and approachable limits are what I look for in a car. They will hold their value, especially when ruin the future models with a possible hybrid.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
GR Corolla. Only if pricing doesn't include scarcity and dealer markups. Supply needs to be balanced against demand.

Also I would keep the fiesta just add the Corolla

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Two more cars I would consider-
Honda Civic Type R, I believe the new one doesn't look so crazy over the top, I couldn't have driven the current one, I would have felt embarrassed
Acura Integra , the new one looks interesting.

I didn't think of these when I made my first list above, which tells me how far away Honda has gotten from making performance cars. I used to be a Honda guy, having had a Prelude, an Integra, and an NSX. I'm glad to see them making some things I could consider driving now.

ronmcdon

idealistically Id like to replace it with a 88-91 crx si, but that car being the thief magnet that it is, Id say not likely.

evo 8 or 9 would be fun choices too if they werent so expensive. very fun and nimble cars for the street and track too

In no particular order;

MX5-RF
New Z1000SX to replace the current old one
Some 90s Civic / Prelude / Accord thing to sit along side the DelSlo
Vauxhall VX220 Turbo is also on the list.
Or get something SUVish.

However, anything new is expensive, electrified and dull. That ownership prospect does not interest me at all. So in all likelihood the Fiesta and the DelSlo stay until I HAVE to change them and i'll get me a new motorbike.

That's my Friday man maths done.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Not the same as the 1.0 in the mk8 FiST. Same displacement but very different specifications.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Ah ya I know that and did try to claim it was . I was referring to the post M sport made about the ecoboost Fiesta which I pointed out in my post. The person after him asked about it and I delivered the info. I never alluded to it being the MK8 engine as that was not in the convo.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I've been looking to sell the FiST and get something else a little more comfortable...
I've test driven a bunch of cars - at this point, here's my list, cars that fit my criteria and were fun and comfortable.

• GR86 with an automatic - I know, I know - but I need to take it easy on my elbows after a billion surgeries. They're made up of bone chips, screws, and inflammation at this point.
  • Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback - it drives SO NICE for the money, the fit and finish is great, very comfortable and an absolute torque pig with AWD. Feels like a far more expensive car.
  • Mazda CX-30 - it's a mazda 3 turbo hatchback... but taller.
  • Audi S5 - I know not to buy a car for the sound it makes (thanks fiat) and I've owned enough VW's to never trust VAG again.. but god dang it sounds amazing. Probably won't buy, but it's on the list.
  • Honda Accord 2.0 Sport - that 2 liter is great, and the auto trans is great, and it'll be dead reliable. The auto trans is *not* an athletic one, but its a pretty nice 10 speed and is much quicker than I expected.

Still need to test drive a few though. I couldn't stand a veloster N, it was too uncomfortable and ugly, and the interior quality is awful. The engine and trans are great, but the form factor is a no go. I need to get seat time in an Elantra N and a Kona N. I have a feeling I'll really be into the Kona N, but man that quiet comfy ride of the Mazda's was nice. If the mazdas had a better trans, I'd have bought one already.

I have a Maverick FX4 on order, but I've also looked into the new 86, 2 door Bronco, and the various Hyundai N models. I also keep my eyes open for well specced 100 series land cruisers, mk7 GTIs, and Pontiac G8s, because variety is the spice of life.

ronmcdon

Ah ya I know that and did try to claim it was . I was referring to the post M sport made about the ecoboost Fiesta which I pointed out in my post. The person after him asked about it and I delivered the info. I never alluded to it being the MK8 engine as that was not in the convo.
interestingly have been thinking of the humble 1.0l fiesta as a daily beater to replace my 08 civic hybrid that was destroyed by texting driver while parked.

I have trouble with driving under the speed limit, have no self restraint so love a slow car thats fun to drive, reliable and somewhat fuel efficient, so that would be perfect. Hopefully it has an automatic transmission too. dont know how some you guys drive stick daily in Los Angeles. Cannot so that being a senior citizen with bad knees.

interestingly have been thinking of the humble 1.0l fiesta as a daily beater to replace my 08 civic hybrid that was destroyed by texting driver while parked.

I have trouble with driving under the speed limit, have no self restraint so love a slow car thats fun to drive, reliable and somewhat fuel efficient, so that would be perfect. Hopefully it has an automatic transmission too. dont know how some you guys drive stick daily in Los Angeles. Cannot so that being a senior citizen with bad knees.
Beware of the automatic transmission. You might be sorry if you get one!

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran

Yeah if it comes with the dry DCT thats shared with the Focus, you will have problems. Ford does do a good job covering this transmission but it is prone to seals leaking (contaminates dry clutches), TCM failures and shuttering for various reasons. I have 160k on my 13 focus with this transmission. Its been in 4 times due to all of the above failures. That said it never cost me a dime and its been years since i had a problem, they made changes to the seals and maybe some other parts in fixing it.