Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What would you trade your FiST in for in the future?

pwnall1337

Vendor
If you were going to trade out of your Fiesta ST, what would you trade it for?

Personally I swore my next car was going to be an EV. So unless something better comes out, probably the 2017 Tesla Roadster or 2016 Nissan ESflow.

What would I trade mine for? Umm... nothing. Mind you, I also said I'd never sell my Fiesta XR4 when I bought that. I also said the same when I bought my Focus RS. And then I said I'd keep my Focus ST170 for years as a cheap runabout. I now own none of those three... [tongue]

Either the new Focus RS, a Golf R400, or a BRZ STI. Considering the fact that none of those cars currently exist, it will be a while.

CanadianST

It would take something pretty amazing that hasn't been designed yet for me to trade in the FiST, just fits what I love about cars too well.

S550 performance package, ecoboost, recaro equipped mustang. Tunned by mountune which I have insider info will be at least 375hp/400tq. Only dilemma for me is color? Colorado Orange, race red, Oxford white, guard metallic, blue?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Golf R 2015 or newer and would have to give a good look at the new SRT4

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Maybe a really well equipped Mustang EcoBoost but I REALLY like my Fiesta ST, so it'd be pretty damn hard to get me to change my mind. they lost me when they settled on "Ecoboost" as the name and not ST. made my decision to not get one much easier.

Show me another car that's as powerful, fast, handles as well, seats five, is stick and can still turn 30+mpg on 87 or 91 octane in its price bracket, and you have my attention.
It checks all the boxes like no other car

I don't see anything in the USA market that remotely stacks up against the FiST with respect to "bang for the buck". I have been checking out the 2015 Mustang "drama" on another forum and can't believe all the gut-wrenching I see about the new Mustang. I was initially interested in checking out the convertible, but now Ford won't have them ready until Job 2 next Spring...might as well order a 2016. Pricing is all over the place and typical of what happens when a new model of an iconic car is introduced...same thing is still happening with the C7 Vette. Anyway, I don't want to turn this into a Mustang forum, so let me rest on my first conclusion...it will very difficult to top the FiST when looking for a successor.

TheStig

Fiesta/Focus RS most likely. Unless Honda somehow took a shot out of left field and made the Si Turbocharged with about the same power as the Focus, that would be a tough decision.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Focus RS or Fiesta RS would be great...I may even consider the Nissan IDx.

Only IF they release an AWD version with enough added power to make up for the extra weight demand. Maybe if I decide to get real stupid, in the future, a GT-R would be the only other thing that would tempt me. ;)

Perry

If they come up with an AWD Fiesta RS with adequate power-to-weight, I'm all in. Otherwise, I'll probably still be driving this li'l beauty. Maybe a newer version of the FiST, as it's not unlikely they could make some significant improvements in later models. But I'll be tempted to keep this one forever--there's nothing quite like the first version of a classic!

Maybe a nextgen FiST...or maybe a 2016 GTI or GTD...or maybe not: I am really liking my FiST.

I can't see myself replacing the FiST with a new car. It does what it does so much better than the competition. If I were to get a new car when this one is paid off, it'll be in addition to the FiST, which will probably remain a daily. At that point, I'd be looking at options like the Cayman GTS, 911 Carerra S, BMW M4 Coupe, or Nissan GT-R. If I'm feeling cheaper than that (or simply can't manage those) I'd grab an M235i--The M235i being the only thing I could even consider trading the FiST against, and I wouldn't.

But, considering I really, really want an E46 M3 project, I might not have need of buying new cars for a long...long time.

Either the new Focus RS, a Golf R400, or a BRZ STI. Considering the fact that none of those cars currently exist, it will be a while.
Agree with you on that i feel like like anything id trade it in for dosent exist yet