Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What’s missing from my trunk?

I just bought my fiesta this month. I thought the trunk looks a bit bare, but not sure what it is missing because there is a mat there. I just thought it was odd that the body was exposed under the seats.

Can anyone tell me what’s missing? And why the current mat won’t cover the body under the seat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I just bought my fiesta this month. I thought the trunk looks a bit bare, but not sure what it is missing because there is a mat there. I just thought it was odd that the body was exposed under the seats.

Can anyone tell me what’s missing? And why the current mat won’t cover the body under the seat?

You're not missing anything you can place it at two different heights. You have it on the lower setting I keep mine on the higher setting, so I can store stuff underneath of it.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
You're not missing anything you can place it at two different heights. You have it on the lower setting I keep mine on the higher setting, so I can store stuff underneath of it.

It was really designed to fit the full size spare and still set flat.
I prefer mine in the lower position.

FB08.JPG

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
It was really designed to fit the full size spare and still set flat.
What are you trying to say? I have always had it on the upper level. I probably put a hundred pounds of groceries on it every Saturday.
I can store things like a first aid kit, jumper cables, and so on and still have a clean looking space. I hate clutter.

Last edited:

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
If you put the board in the lower position, the board actually sits on top of the full size spare tire provided with the ST and not flat on the metal trunk floor, as in the non-ST Fiesta, that uses a space saver spare.

I don't use the full size spare tire so I don't have this problem.

OP
Dubcc
Thread Starter #6

Thank you for the clarity!!

This could be a trick question, like which beer am I missing. :cool:

Seriously mine has been at the lower setting since day 2 of ownership.

I always keep mine on the lower setting. I also did this at the dealership when I was testing to see how well my son's stroller fit. The sales guy looked at me like I keyed the car or something and immediately "fixed it". Had to 'splain that I didn't break the car.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
In the lower position, you can put really heavy stuff in there, like a big cooler full of beer.
DAMHIK

Woods247

2000 Post Club
In the lower position, you can put really heavy stuff in there, like a big cooler full of beer.
DAMHIK
Man I can fit all my gear in there now WITH the privacy cover intact. 🤦‍♂️ Glad I stumbled upon this thread.

OP
Dubcc
Thread Starter #12
Man I can fit all my gear in there now WITH the privacy cover intact. [emoji2357] Glad I stumbled upon this thread.
Glad I could help! It just did not look right having the body exposed under the rear seats.

OP
Dubcc
Thread Starter #13
It really is a big difference in trunk depth with the mat on the lower setting

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I have always had it on the upper level. I probably put a hundred pounds of groceries on it every Saturday.
I can store things like a first aid kit, jumper cables, and so on and still have a clean looking space. I hate clutter.
DITTO!
I have managed to fit everything I need underneath the false floor. I like that clean trunk look as well. I had a pic of my setup, can't find it though. I will have to snap another pic and post it on here.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
DITTO!
I have managed to fit everything I need underneath the false floor. I like that clean trunk look as well. I had a pic of my setup, can't find it though. I will have to snap another pic and post it on here.
Sure you lose some height but to me it's worth it because you can store things underneath of it. I throw a 30 lb bag of dog food underneath of it, and then put my groceries on top.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Sure you lose some height but to me it's worth it because you can store things underneath of it. I throw a 30 lb bag of dog food underneath of it, and then put my groceries on top.

The height is not an issue for me. If I need more, I just remove the decklid

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account

Makes sense. Good to have options.

Last edited:
OP
Dubcc
Thread Starter #18
Are there any other “easter egg” type things about the ST that people might not know? Mine didn’t come with a manual, so I’m not up to par with anything.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
As promised, my trunk setup.
Got everything I need: A container of the most essential tools. Air compressor. Cleaning stuff in another container. Tarp. Flashlight. Oil filter. Bungees. And a bunch of other little odds and ends.

The 3rd pic is of a folding shovel I found at walmart. Probably won't do much for major heavy snow, as it's aluminum, but it'll do an emergency.

The 4th pic is of these book end looking things with Velcro on the bottom (also found at walmart). They are specially designed for hatchbacks. I use them when I buy a few items that don't fill the whole cargo area... keeps everything from flying around.

2017 Magnetic FiST w/Recaros