Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What's up from Arizona!

Been lurking this forum since I've owned my ST. Almost three years now. Originally leased it because I wasn't sure if I was going to keep it or get the Focus RS when it came out. Then it turned into wanting a truck.

Well, I got into an accident back in November - and the ST has been getting fixed for over three months now. It's made me miss it more than ever. Having test driven an RS and looking at countless trucks, I've decided I will keep the ST - or buy a new one.

I ended up rear ending a GTI after traffic came to an abrupt stop right after I made a right hand turn. Zero damage to the GTI - not even paint transfer. Original estimate for my repairs were $11,000, but have had numerous calls where more damage was found. Insurance has decided to not total the vehicle - which personally is shocking. I've only been told $13,000 by my insurance. But the body shop - which I've called numerous times trying to figure out what is taking so long - has told me numerous other things were damaged but my insurance has not contacted me about these extras so I am unsure the extra expenses are real. If they are real, they would have definitely totaled the car as it would have been around $17-20,000 worth of damage.

Needless to say, I just miss my car haha.

FocusMike

Photos? If it's taking a while for them to get back to you chances are they might have changed the status and deemed it totaled.

OP
K
Thread Starter #4
I'll post a pic when I get home. I talk to the body shop weekly. They say they keep getting approval from my adjuster. I was supposed to have it last week until when they were reassembling the car and said the wiring harness was bad and there were cut fuel lines.

OP
K
Thread Starter #5
File_000.jpg

Unfortunately this was the only photo I took at the scene.

OP
K
Thread Starter #9
A little update, after exactly four months since the repair shop received my car - it is finally done! Going to pick it up after I get off work in a few hours. It's been a long time since the accident. Glad repairs are finally done.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard. Which shop did you use and how did the repairs turnout?

OP
K
Thread Starter #12
Sanderson Ford. Although they took ages, it looks and feels like nothing happened. Oh how I've missed driving the ST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Sanderson Ford. Although they took ages, it looks and feels like nothing happened. Oh how I've missed driving the ST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice, glad to hear this.