Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which clear bra / paint protection film did you purchase for your Fiesta ST?

Which clear bra / paint protection film did you purchase for your Fiesta ST?

• 3M

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Ventureshield

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Llumar

• Xpel

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Husky Shield

• Other Brand

Votes: 8 20.5%

• Total voters

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
For those who had clear bra paint protection added to your Fiesta ST, please let us know which brand you chose.

I need to get clear bra put on the front of the car. If people don't mind, I'd also be interested to hear what areas that had wrapped and how much they paid.

I'm probably going to have the whole front bumper wrapped, but I'm not sure if I want to do a strip on the hood or the whole thing.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
I need to get clear bra put on the front of the car. If people don't mind, I'd also be interested to hear what areas that had wrapped and how much they paid.

I'm probably going to have the whole front bumper wrapped, but I'm not sure if I want to do a strip on the hood or the whole thing.
For mine, I did the front bumper, side mirrors, entire hood, partial front fenders, door sills, door handle cups, rear upper bumper for $750 with Xpel film.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
That's a pic of my car being filmed by Frankie. They had to redo the film because I'm very picky and there were a few areas where there was contaminants under the film. This was 3M ceramic film $600,00.

for the xpel i got the entire front, lights and side mirrors. I couldnt do the entire hood, only first 1/3. I also got the top of the rear bumper. it was around 750$, and another 150 for tint.

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #8
MOFiestaST, is that the 3M Paint Defender or a something more commercial strength? Very nice work by the way.

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Did you guys only do partial hood or full hood protection?
I did a partial. Never had a rock hit up near the top of the hood due to its slope. Three or four hits on the glass though, at least 5 on the front clip near the headlights and front near the fogs.

Most of my chips are way at the top of the hood, which is strange because I thought it was more difficult to get chips up there. Looks like I'll need full hood protection, which is expensive.

Most of my chips are way at the top of the hood, which is strange because I thought it was more difficult to get chips up there. Looks like I'll need full hood protection, which is expensive.
True. But you also don't have a line across the hood of your car!

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
My car went to the vinyl install shop for Xpel the day I picked it up from the dealer.

Dave

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #18
How long do the clear bras usually last?
On my last car I've had it on for nearly 10 years without any problems, but according to the guy that installed my clear bra they guaranty it for 7 years against yellowing.