Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Tarox 6-Piston FiST Big Brake Kit option!! 300mm, may clear OEM wheels!

I had some lengthy discussions with Tarox's NA Sales Manager as I was frustrated in trying to find a 2-piece rotor big brake kit besides the Wilwood that would work with OEM rims. Pumaspeed lists a 325mm big brake kit from Tarox for the FiST but it does not fit without wheel spacers. Their smaller 300mm big brake kit includes one-piece rotors and no weight data really compare to stock. I am not interested in the Wilwoods as the rotors are actually much thinner than OEM which is a no-go for me. This thread is NOT to dig at Wilwood, just to note there is another option that is not readily visible to folks who choose not to go with Wilwoods. Wilwoods' price is much lower than Tarox indeed.

After some digging on the Tarox website, I noticed that there are actually 3 different kit numbers for the FiST: KMFO1141, KMFO1141T and KMFO1142. Pumaspeed and other online vendors only list the KMFO1141 and KMFO1142 as available, so I reached out to Tarox for clarification.

Turns out, Tarox actually DOES offer a 300mm big brake kit with 2-piece rotors! They have not sold it in the USA yet but are just now offering it out. The KMFO1141 kit is the one-piece 300mm set, the KMFO1141T is the same kit but with lightweight 2 piece rotors and the KMFO1142 is the larger 325mm kit with two piece rotors. Pricing on the KMFO1141T is the same as the KMFO1142 kit per Tarox.

The best thing is that the KMFO1141T and KMFO1141 kits should both fit behind OEM 17" wheels WITHOUT spacers! Tarox provided me the attached template to double check the clearance which I will be doing with my OZ Ultraleggera 17x7 ET42 wheels, was curious if someone else would be willing to print this and check for OEM wheels so we can let Tarox know fitment there too? The KMFO1141T kit should be about 20lbs per side total give or take a pound, so roughly 10 lbs lighter than stock in total for the fronts despite the increased rotor size.

Some of the important details about these as compared to the Wilwood option I checked are listed below:

- Wilwood rotors are 20mm, which is 3mm (13%) thinner than the OEM FiST rotors.
- The KMFO1141T two piece rotors are 24mm so a little bit thicker than OEM FiST rotors (4.3%) and about 4mm thicker than Wilwood's (20%!!).
- Both should fit behind OEM wheels but we need to verify this.
- Pricing for the KMFO1141T kit is $2280, so definately a much pricier option than Wilwood, no arguments there at all.
- Tarox confirmed the big brake kits fit all global FiST ST models since it is a global platform (2014-2018 I believe).
- Colors available include metallic green, blue, red, silver, gold/yellow and black for the Tarox kits.
- OEM caliper, rotor and hardware is about 25lbs per side.
- Tarox B-30 6 Piston Calipers weigh in at 6lbs each.
- Tarox two piece 300mm rotors weigh in at 13lbs each.

The gentleman I spoke with at Tarox who was very helpful was Paul McGrath, NA Sales Manager for Tarox. Contact info below:

Paul McGrath - Sales Manager
Tarox North America
Shepherdstown, WV 25443
T: 304-715-3322
www.tarox.us

More pics provided by Paul per my request just to show different colors:

IMG_2863.jpg IMG_2860.jpg 222.png 333.jpg dsafsaf.jpg sgsdgsadfgs.jpg

And here is the template for checking wheel clearance:

View attachment KMFO1141 Ingombro.pdf

And the instructions for how to use the above template:

View attachment Instructions.pdf

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
How much less is the ONE piece 300mm rotor kit, and what do they charge for their replacement rings?

I realize that less expensive replacement rings from Afco, PF, Hawk, etc. might fit, but I am asking about their part. ;)

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
$1680 or so for the one piece set. Check Pumaspeed for pricing of parts probably, not sure

Cant wait to get my 2 piece 300mm kit! Keep yall posted!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
One thing to note, mine didnt come with instructions for install as most people in europe tend to pay for install at a shop. I know Paul is working on building instructions for this car but if you have any questions let me know and I can help as well.

OP
S
Thread Starter #8
Thank you sir I will be in touch

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TDavis

1000 Post Club
$2300? Pass. I'm sure they're quality pieces but how the brand name and other lettering is etched into the caliper looks cheap, idk why. I understand its not supposed to look pretty but something about how the caliper looks is weird/plastic looking.

Also cannot stand rotors that are slotted like that. At some point you're removing enough material from the rotor to where the pad isn't gripping much material at all when you have extended slotting.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^IF other replacement rings (and/or one piece rotors) will fit these kits, you could even get 'blank' rings or rotors for replacements. ;)

The calipers may not be the absolute best looking ones out there, but THAT would not stop me from getting this kit, eventually.

It IS getting close enough in price to the AP Racing setups that I might still be tempted to go that way when the time comes for a BBK.

$2300? Pass. I'm sure they're quality pieces but how the brand name and other lettering is etched into the caliper looks cheap, idk why. I understand its not supposed to look pretty but something about how the caliper looks is weird/plastic looking.

Also cannot stand rotors that are slotted like that. At some point you're removing enough material from the rotor to where the pad isn't gripping much material at all when you have extended slotting.
The logo is machined out of the caliper (calipers are machined billet). I actually feel the opposite about how they look, better than powdercoated with a sticker IMO. Each kit is designed and engineered for that car and can be ordered a number of different ways including getting the rotors with no grooves if thats your thing. But the main thing about this kit is that they allow you to run 16" wheels which is a huge plus.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
The logo is machined out of the caliper (calipers are machined billet). I actually feel the opposite about how they look, better than powdercoated with a sticker IMO. Each kit is designed and engineered for that car and can be ordered a number of different ways including getting the rotors with no grooves if thats your thing. But the main thing about this kit is that they allow you to run 16" wheels which is a huge plus.
I gotcha. Wasn't bashing the kit. Just personal preference. But I am keeping my options open as I am considering every BBK there is at the moment before I buy anything brake wise.

I gotcha. Wasn't bashing the kit. Just personal preference. But I am keeping my options open as I am considering every BBK there is at the moment before I buy anything brake wise.
I know you weren't, its definitely a matter of preference and the Tarox kit definitely is a different style than whats out there. Tarox is pretty new to the US, but has been in europe since the 70's and actually started in F1. I just wanted to make sure people knew that you could these in a bunch of different configurations [cheers]

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I am running these on my car. Quality is superb. I have the single piece rotors currently. And they fit behind my 17’s and my 16’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you track your car at all? If yes, do you swap pads before track? Which pads are you using?

Do you track your car at all? If yes, do you swap pads before track? Which pads are you using?
I do track days and some auto-x with my car. I have yet to since installing the brakes but I am running their "Strada" pad on the street and will swap in the "Corsa" pads for track days. I already have both sets of pads and they swap out super fast on these calipers.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I do track days and some auto-x with my car. I have yet to since installing the brakes but I am running their "Strada" pad on the street and will swap in the "Corsa" pads for track days. I already have both sets of pads and they swap out super fast on these calipers.
Are both versions relatively easy to find and priced under $100/pair? The reason I ask is I currently run StopTech's BBK. It is outstanding everywhere and the pads are cheap ($70), but my wheel choices are limited even with spacers. I'm looking to run 17x9 at some point and may need to change brakes. A $200 set of track pads is a deal breaker though. I just scored StopTech's Street Performance ST-40 pads on Amazon for $37 (open box). The originals have many trackdays and still have a ton of life left on them. Clearly the StopTech is overkill for the light weight Fiesta and I cannot argue with inexpensive consumables. I wisj fitment were better.

OP
S
Thread Starter #18
Yeah I think the Tarox ones are a little more pricey than 37 bucks ha. but they are available from a few vendors.
Do you have any general/helpful tips for install? Should be here in two weeks.

Do you have any general/helpful tips for install? Should be here in two weeks.
The actual install is really straight forward, its like 4-5 bolts total. Once you have them installed put two lug nuts on the rotors to hold them securely then pump the brakes and check the side to side clearances. Mine were not centered after install, you have to use the little spacers to get the caliper to sit perfectly. This takes just some time pumping the brake, adding spacers, rechecking. Helps to have a friend.

I am running these on my car. Quality is superb. I have the single piece rotors currently. And they fit behind my 17’s and my 16’s.

View attachment 17046

17’s
View attachment 17047

16’s
View attachment 17048

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
just received this kit for my 2016 FIST (I live in italy) and noticed that turning by hand the bolt that clamps the banjo, remains about 10mm (4/10") of free space, but the banjo is 8 mm thick (3/10") so it can't be tightened by hand.
the threaded hole is plugged, is it safe to force the bolt to tighten the banjo? the plug I see is the rear of the caliper?
thank you so much and please forgive my poor english...