Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

Which Fiesta ST Exhaust System did you purchase?

• 2J-Racing

Votes: 15 3.5%
  • Borla

Votes: 9 2.1%
  • Cobb

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Custom Performance Engineering

Votes: 27 6.3%
  • FSWerks

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • Magnaflow

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • MBRP

Votes: 82 19.1%
  • Milltek

Votes: 18 4.2%
  • MRT Rally Sport

Votes: 7 1.6%
  • Scorpian

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Injen

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Modern Automotive Performance

Votes: 26 6.1%
  • Mountune

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Custom

Votes: 16 3.7%
  • TSUDO

Votes: 10 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 40 9.3%

• Total voters
Right on, my favourite tbe for the Mazdaspeed3 was made by them. I did look into their offerings before my cp-e purchase, but the price steered me away lol. Iirc the PLM DP is an exact copy of their DP, but for hundreds less.

Sent from my CIA monitored device
I did a Borla XR and a Vibrant resonator and it barely made a difference. I posted a clip on my thread "Frankenexhaust". Don't have time to locate it right now but you may be able to find it with searh on this forum?!?

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I wonder what would be recommended for a nice deep growl exhaust but only slightly louder than stock? Not really interested in the burble and pop sound though. Just a nice deep growly sound with no drone that I can perhaps use with stock dp if possible. Trying to get similar to like a g35 sound.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I wonder what would be recommended for a nice deep growl exhaust but only slightly louder than stock? Not really interested in the burble and pop sound though. Just a nice deep growly sound with no drone that I can perhaps use with stock dp if possible. Trying to get similar to like a g35 sound.

Any thoughts?

I just swapped out the muffler with a Thermal RD universal muffler kept the stock piping and resonater. I loved their 3 inch exhaust but it was just too much Mula so I just opted out for a muffler swap. No pops or gurgles just deeper sound than stock. It sounds less than the sound symposer. I don't know if it will get louder once it breaks in though.

I just swapped out the muffler with a Thermal RD universal muffler kept the stock piping and resonater. I loved their 3 inch exhaust but it was just too much Mula so I just opted out for a muffler swap. No pops or gurgles just deeper sound than stock. It sounds less than the sound symposer. I don't know if it will get louder once it breaks in though.
Any chance you could tell me which muffler you went with and which tips?

Any thoughts?

I'm enjoying my resonator delete right now. Would like it to be just a little louder but the tone sounds about right.

I don't know about a G35 sound lol completely different cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any chance you could tell me which muffler you went with and which tips?
I went with thermal RD universal muffler oval. The smallest one they had, 2.25 inlet/ outlet and what ever generic dual tips I found on amazon. I can look up the part numbers but I think you'll have similar luck with any straight through universal muffler like Magna flow or flow master.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I can look up the part numbers but I think you'll have similar luck with any straight through universal muffler like Magna flow or flow master.
The Borla XR1s, being a RACE muffler, do tend to be a bit loud though, so be warned if you're looking at those. ;)

Yup your right about that! I forgot to mention that even though mine was a flow through it dead have a lot of sound suppression packing or whatever's inside.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Thanks for the tip. I'll keep this one in mind.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I'm enjoying my resonator delete right now. Would like it to be just a little louder but the tone sounds about right.

I don't know about a G35 sound lol completely different cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol, I know it won't sound exactly like it, but just to give an idea of what I'm looking for. Most of the guys I've seen in our local ST/RS club so far with aftermarket exhausts have a higher sounding exhaust and/or burbles and pops. The only one I've heard that I liked had burbles and pops so that's why I thought I'd ask here to see what you guys had that might be in the ball park.

I'm pretty new to modified exhausts so I don't know much about it. I've been thinking of getting 2.5" because it seems that the larger the exhaust the louder it sounds? But I really don't know and would hate to buy something worse than what I have now stock.

Actually right now I just recently installed a mountune filter and believe it or not, it added a nice deeper sound to the exhaust alone. I like the sound as is except I'd prefer it just a little bit louder. Noticeable, but not head turning...

Actually right now I just recently installed a mountune filter and believe it or not, it added a nice deeper sound to the exhaust alone. I like the sound as is except I'd prefer it just a little bit louder. Noticeable, but not head turning...

Sounds like a resonator delete could very well be what you're looking for if not close. Try it out. Can be done for less than $100. Mine is finally waking up after a few weeks since it was done.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Sounds like a resonator delete could very well be what you're looking for if not close. Try it out. Can be done for less than $100. Mine is finally waking up after a few weeks since it was done.
Perhaps. Does it sound fairly deep? Does it add any drone to it (particularly on the freeway)? I'll probably have to hear it to be sure first though because if it's too loud it could be a big problem for me but I will definitely take it to account. Some of our club members are meeting this weekend for a big get-together. I'll keep my ears out for something with..."The Sound"...hahaha.

I went with the Mishimoto non resonated and it's been very tame, no drone on the highway. Interested to see how that changes when I install the DP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I went with the Mishimoto non resonated and it's been very tame, no drone on the highway. Interested to see how that changes when I install the DP.

Just to see if I have it right...you have a Mishimoto exhaust with a resonator delete? If so, how large is the exhaust?

Just to see if I have it right...you have a Mishimoto exhaust with a resonator delete? If so, how large is the exhaust?

Yes I have the non resonated version of their exhaust, it's 2.5 iirc.

Definitely louder but not too loud. Let me see if I can find my post I'll tag you in it.

Perhaps. Does it sound fairly deep? Does it add any drone to it (particularly on the freeway)? I'll probably have to hear it to be sure first though because if it's too loud it could be a big problem for me but I will definitely take it to account. Some of our club members are meeting this weekend for a big get-together. I'll keep my ears out for something with..."The Sound"...hahaha.

Here's a video I took the other day. Blipped it to about 1800 RPM. Then about 2750 RPM. Lastly at 3000 RPM. It was taken in a garage with the exhuast facing towards the outisde. I can take one with the whole car outside if you'd like to hear that. But this is a good representation of the deepness of it. I don't really hear/notice any highway drone at 65-70 MPH. If there is any it's not grabbing my attention.

[video=youtube;u48_3zKsXNI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u48_3zKsXNI[/video]