Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which intake? Injen, FSWERKS, or Cobb

Question guys, I'm looking at putting on an intake. Price is all about the same so don't care about that. Should I go with the Injen, the FSWERKS, or wait for Cobb to release theirs in about a month?? Let me know what you guys thing, if there is a big quality difference between the two, if you own one, etc etc! Not in a super rush so if you think I should wait for the Cobb let me know! - Thanks guys

http://www.modbargains.com/Injen-SP-Air-Iintake-2014-Ford-Fiesta-ST.htm

http://www.fswerks.com/collections/...ool-flo-air-intake-system-ford-fiesta-st-2014

JPGC

2000 Post Club
As far as quality, all three of the intakes that you listed are of good quality. The Cobb isn't on the street yet, so I can't give and opinion on that. I personally have the Injen and I think that it is made well. The FSWerks is very similar except it uses the factory mounting bolt and has a oiled filter vs the injens dry filter. The Cobb is supposed to use the factory box to isolate the filter from the engine heat and the Injen and FSWerks both use a heat shield. You could also look at the Mountune as it uses a factory style set up. What is you goal with this intake? Power, sound, Looks? If it's power, there isn't going to be a lot gained because the factory intake does a good job of keeping the temps down. For sound, the Injen and FSWorks bring out the psssh sound very well. They all look good.

OP
K
Thread Starter #7
As far as quality, all three of the intakes that you listed are of good quality. The Cobb isn't on the street yet, so I can't give and opinion on that. I personally have the Injen and I think that it is made well. The FSWerks is very similar except it uses the factory mounting bolt and has a oiled filter vs the injens dry filter. The Cobb is supposed to use the factory box to isolate the filter from the engine heat and the Injen and FSWerks both use a heat shield. You could also look at the Mountune as it uses a factory style set up. What is you goal with this intake? Power, sound, Looks? If it's power, there isn't going to be a lot gained because the factory intake does a good job of keeping the temps down. For sound, the Injen and FSWorks bring out the psssh sound very well. They all look good.
Definitely more for sound but more importantly I want to make sure I don't lose any power. Thanks for getting back to me. I noticed your still running stage 1 accessport maps even with the intake and exhaust you have, I plan on doing something similar, how's it work for you?

JPGC

2000 Post Club
It's working just fine for now. Definitely feels better than stock. I will be ordering my inter cooler next week and jump to Cobb stg3. Then I will monitor and run logs to make sure everything is good to go. As far a power mods, that will be it for a while. It will be off to drivetrain and suspension after that. I do want to play around with adding to the heat shield with the Injen intake to see if I can successfully isolate the filter from the engine heat a little better. I works great while rolling but at a stop, the temps do start to rise quite a bit. This is where any power loss would be found due to the heat while at idle.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Also, to everyone who replies with the stock intake with a drop-in, yes it draws in ambient air from outside of the car...and the gain from an aftermarket intake is minor at best...and there is a possibility of losing power when the intake temps rise... And it would be cheaper to run with stock intake with a drop-in and maybe mod it for more flow. The OP didn't ask for a comparison with the stock intake, lol. Plus the after markets look better, IMO, than the stocker ;-)

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Those boogie man intakes are bad a$$. They gain like 75 million fly powers.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
True story. Unless cobb gives me some real hope for full stage kits. Im going to build my own from stuff that is on the market, and just get cobb to make a tune for it.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
That's what I've been doing. I'm too impatient to keep waiting. I really like Cobb parts but there are a lot of companies that make high quality parts. People say that it takes longer because of quality...I don't necessarily agree with that as the Ford Fiesta ST isn't the only vehicle that Cobb develops for and I'm sure it's not their biggest market. They are a business and while quality is very important, time developing parts for their other product platforms makes them money, so they cant focus all of there time with the Fiesta ST. It's the same with all companies. So, with that being said, I will continue to Frankenstein parts from companies with a known good rep and just verify my tunes an adjust with my ATR software if needed.

OP
K
Thread Starter #15
It's working just fine for now. Definitely feels better than stock. I will be ordering my inter cooler next week and jump to Cobb stg3. Then I will monitor and run logs to make sure everything is good to go. As far a power mods, that will be it for a while. It will be off to drivetrain and suspension after that. I do want to play around with adding to the heat shield with the Injen intake to see if I can successfully isolate the filter from the engine heat a little better. I works great while rolling but at a stop, the temps do start to rise quite a bit. This is where any power loss would be found due to the heat while at idle.
Thanks for the quick replies. Lastly what inter cooler do u plan on putting in? And did the check engine light go on when u put the intake or exhaust on? If so did u find a way to turn it off?

JPGC

2000 Post Club
No problem, every time someone replies in a thread I'm subscribed to, my phone beeps, lol. I'm planning on getting the ATP inter cooler unless I can find a reason not to or to get another brand between now and then. I tuned out the code for the check engine light with the ATR software from Cobb. It's already done on the Stg 3 tune. No check engine light from the intake as I have a US spec Fiesta ST. Now, when I was doing my downpipe, I bent the upstream o2 sensor, which sent the car into closed loop air/ fuel and it threw a code...that's a whole different thread, lol

OP
K
Thread Starter #17
No problem, every time someone replies in a thread I'm subscribed to, my phone beeps, lol. I'm planning on getting the ATP inter cooler unless I can find a reason not to or to get another brand between now and then. I tuned out the code for the check engine light with the ATR software from Cobb. It's already done on the Stg 3 tune. No check engine light from the intake as I have a US spec Fiesta ST. Now, when I was doing my downpipe, I bent the upstream o2 sensor, which sent the car into closed loop air/ fuel and it threw a code...that's a whole different thread, lol

Where did you purchase your injen intake? I have problems navigating their website

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I prefer the mountune.
It draws additional cool air from outside the engine compartment.
You can use the OE filter for daily driving or a performance drop in for better flow.
100% emissions legal and will not effect the Ford warranty.

Dave

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
So a drop in filter is better than a whole intake system?

I have Cobb's high flow filter and was planning on getting their intake.