Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Which turbo gives best bang for the buck?

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
How does the .0011 clearance aluminium piston not expand faster than a over .010 gap steel ring?
I dunno - piston clearance and gap size was always black magic to me. I think that cast pistons expand more than forged and know that the gap size is determined by bore size and the amount of expected heat in the engine. When a ring expands so much that the end meet it'll pinch and buckle or drag on the cylinder wall, causing a piston failure. I've seen guys pull an engine apart just to adjust gap size b/c they wanted to spray N20.

This guy just took a dump on the MRX. Don’t believe a word of it. Mountune put their own anti surge housing and billet compressor wheel in it. This basically makes it a GTX 2554r. The S280 is dogshit btw 🤩
There mrx block is garbage there turbos are garbage the only good thing they sell for the fist is there short throw adapter yes its 190 shipped but it's also 40% reduction not 15-25% like the others...pumaspeed has had problems. And Ron is a beast at customer service I made recommendations to some of his products and he actually considered them and used it as well...he's willing to take positive criticism..and if something is broken or leaking or anything off rip he'll either overnight you parts to replace it or have one of the best turnarounds possible

OP
ywgbandit
Thread Starter #103
So after living with the TTS280 for a full summer season and 6K miles I'd say it's perfect for my daily driver (summer only) but nothing is always perfect. For highway driving and canyon carving it is perfect. It spools up about 500 rpm later that a hybrid, so my personal opinion is that it wouldn't be my first choice for auto cross. For that I'd go with the Whoosh Hybrid. But as a daily driver I'm not spinning tires at every red light and stop sign without trying anymore. I can actually start moving without wheel spin and the power pulls all the way to 7K rpm and it pulls hard. It probably isn't the best turbo for all out power on a fully modified FiST, but it works great as a daily driver and it's a huge improvement over stock! Good value and good performance.....exactly what I was looking for!