Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

White smoke

OP
Venetra
Thread Starter #3
It’s about 40f but this usually hasn’t happened when it’s even colder outside. But that should go away after awhile the car was warm and up to temp in that video I attached

SteveS

1000 Post Club
White smoke is usually either coolant or fuel. But atmospheric conditions could be the cause of what you are seeing.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
There’s definitely a smell but it’s not really sweet like coolant usually is idk if the fiestas are different with smell
It won't smell like normal coolant. If it does that all the time, and not just on rainy days in the 40s, I think you're looking at a head gasket, or maybe a warped head.

OP
Venetra
Thread Starter #8
It won't smell like normal coolant. If it does that all the time, and not just on rainy days in the 40s, I think you're looking at a head gasket, or maybe a warped head.
Okay tomorrow it’s not supposed to rain and it’ll be in the 60s so I’ll see what’s up then but I’ve had no overheating issues so far it doesn’t go past 195

transtech

I'd pull the plugs and look for one or more that are cleaner than the rest, as the burnt coolant will clean carbon from pistons and combustion chamber. The official test would be to pressurize the cooling system and let it sit overnight without plugs in it, then use a bore scope camera to check for coolant ingress into the cylinders. Usually its cylinders 2 and 3 that will have issues. The culprit is typically the sleeves cracking up top where the cylinders meet each other, but on occasion you can get cracks in the head between the sparkplug hole and exhaust valves.