Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Who did you take to Gapplebees Today?

This weekend has been all Porsche Cayennes lol. No intentional racing, just some bullshit traffic behavior where I kept the pressure on (ridiculous I know). They must be heavy as hell because keeping up is no problem at all.

Have been pulling with the occasional Focus ST, Honda something or other, and GTI’s but below 90ish it’s crazy how fast the Fiesta always is. There’s a lot of near-super presence around here that’s never interested in having fun. Every shitbox drops a gear and gets loud which is a blast.

That being said, the amount of Ford Edge ST’s getting rowdy out here is absolutely nuts. Try to show some good vibes to anything with an ST badge though in solidarity.

Well, on my way to visit family, seen a Mk 7ish Golf R on the highway, and while the Golf R that I raced are STi and Evo fast stock, perhaps he was modded to a certain extent since I lost to him. We were never lined up or really even close, the closest he would let me line up with him was a car length away and I was in 5th (we were well past 100 mph) above 4000 or 4500 rpm give or take and he pulled on me and then after a car length or two, we maintained distance. So, speculation here, but lined up, I think with brake boosting, he probably would still pull me, but probably a car, perhaps two at best. My latest romp in Mexico.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Well, on my way to visit family, seen a Mk 7ish Golf R on the highway, and while the Golf R that I raced are STi and Evo fast stock, perhaps he was modded to a certain extent since I lost to him. We were never lined up or really even close, the closest he would let me line up with him was a car length away and I was in 5th (we were well past 100 mph) above 4000 or 4500 rpm give or take and he pulled on me and then after a car length or two, we maintained distance. So, speculation here, but lined up, I think with brake boosting, he probably would still pull me, but probably a car, perhaps two at best. My latest romp in Mexico.
Are you on stock fuel and turbo or aftermarket?

Are you on stock fuel and turbo or aftermarket?
S280. 93 TunePlus tune. Whoosh CAI. MBRP exhaust. Whoosh V1 downpipe. Ramair intake piping and air filter. Mishimoto IC cold side piping. V3 whoosh FMI. Turbosmart BOV. I was also on my winter tire setup. (OEM wheels and Blizzak tires.) Might be forgetting some other relevant mods though. Swift R springs and Koni orange shock set up. Cobb rear MM. Utilizing Royal Purple engine oil and B G Synchroshift tranny fluid. Have aux fuel setup but haven't had time to install yet. Within a month or two. Stock fuel system.

S280 really needs fuel. Not much diff from it and a Hybrid until you get some fuel happening. Modded Golf-R can easily be a low 11 high 10s cars.

S280 really needs fuel. Not much diff from it and a Hybrid until you get some fuel happening. Modded Golf-R can easily be a low 11 high 10s cars.
I know. Gtis and Golf Rs are better than our cars bang for the buck, irrespective of the cost of the vehicle, impressive vehicles to be sure. Our Etune with aux fuel can only be competitive with a MK 8 OEM turbo with max performance supporting mods. Probably a MK 7 GTI too. A Etune and we get walked. 🤷. But with that being said, still going to try them to see where they are at in their modification path.

Zormecteon

Pulled up beside a new(er) Ford F150 at the base of the bridge. I noticed as approaching that he was driving as he was "they type". Light changes and away, getting the jump. I'm not sure if he's going so I haven't yet hit it. As I approach shift point in 1st, he's coming. I shift and give it enough in 2nd to keep him in place, behind/beside me. He keeps coming so I keep pushing. 3rd gear and he's still on it, so so am I. I start pulling away from him as I continue to push the pedal closer to the floor. Shift to 4th and he's falling back, but he's still on the gas. ... I figure he knows he's beat and let off. Sure enough he lets off and never gets any closer to me the rest of the way over the bridge.

FiST +1 F150- 0.

Ya know, it's funny. I also have an MX 5 and a C8. No one "challenges" the FiST, but they mostly get beaten. It seems like well over half the other drivers attempt the beat the Miata, even tho I almost never "go" with it. (the FiST is quicker anyway). And almost never to they even try the C8. .. I mostly pull away from a light at about the same "G Force". Stated another way, I accelerate at about the same rate in every car, but the reactions from other drivers are different.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Raced a Nissan Sentra SER spec-v. He was significantly faster than I was expecting. I pulled maybe half a car on him, but that might have been me getting the jump slightly. The only time I was majorly ahead was when he tried to start in first (we were doing 30 rolls).
https://youtube.com/shorts/OFxUtT7F_iw?si=ZVMwdot01z3iZSPj
We were both full interior and I was on 93 not E30.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Raced a Nissan Sentra SER spec-v. He was significantly faster than I was expecting. I pulled maybe half a car on him, but that might have been me getting the jump slightly. The only time I was majorly ahead was when he tried to start in first (we were doing 30 rolls).
https://youtube.com/shorts/OFxUtT7F_iw?si=ZVMwdot01z3iZSPj
We were both full interior and I was on 93 not E30.
You won, but I don't know I'd say your car is faster.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
That’s pretty neat for an older all motor budget racer. Did he have a lot of mods?
Nope, I think all he had was exhaust. Definitely a pretty cool car, I don’t like the way they look but that’s a lot of bang for your buck performance wise.

Man, those things only run 15's@ 90ish. You should have easily smoked him bone stock. On 93 dizzy my car traps 101 on stock turbo. 104ish on E30. What were your shift points? No point revving much beyond 5500 on stock turbo. She's out of steam by then and shifting earlier puts you back in the torque range. These cars make way more torque than HP so you're better off shifting earlier to take advantage of the max torque which falls of a cliff after 4500rpm on stock turbo.

Last edited:

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Man, those things only run 15's@ 90ish. You should have easily smoked him bone stock. On 93 dizzy my car traps 101 on stock turbo. 104ish on E30. What were your shift points? No point revving much beyond 5500 on stock turbo. She's out of steam by then and shifting earlier puts you back in the torque range. These cars make way more torque than HP so you're better off shifting earlier to take advantage of the max torque which falls of a cliff after 4500rpm on stock turbo.
I was shifting at 5700rpm give or take a few. I need to ask him if he had any mods other than exhaust, but I’m pretty sure he didn’t.