Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Who has bought the access tuner software? Who plans to?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Seems like not a lot of people on the forum have paided the extra $150 for access tuner software....

While I can see the "easy ness" of just buying a tune from a race-tuner and calling it a day, this access tuner software has been invaluable to me, and as I start to goto the track more and more often, I know its gonna be a huge factor in consistency at the drag strip.

I think a lot more people should be taking advantage of it, even if they never want to play with any of the other settings. Just the launch control, wastgate per gear tuning and lots of other things is extremely worth the $150 if you've already invested $500 in the access port.

Being able to EXTREMELY easily change the car over to E20-E85 from E15 is just awesome too. Even if your not tuning the car to the edge for ethanol, its great to have the option to run it.

I've never been a cobb fan boy, but its BY FAR the best $150 I would have spent ( if I'd have paid for it, thanx Baldtaco ).

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I have, but haven't had the time to sit down and really play with it....learn it as in testing at the track, etc.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Its worth it... I love the fuel based launch control. 2800rpms builds 2-2.5psi on the modded turbo ( prob way higher on the stocker ), launches, then the boost per gear multiplier for waste gate duty cycle keeps most my boost at bay in 1st, then its game on in 2nd.

Works great on the street. I'm sure it will need adjusted for the higher traction levels at the track, and the fact it can be changed without reflashing is just epic for street tuning your power to tires. Of course its not perfect everytime because weather and conditions change, but its pretty good either way.

JUST THAT it worth it... Nevermind the insane power the software has.

I bought it as soon as it was available. I have utilized the Cobb AP and ATR software from their beginnings with the Mazdaspeed platforms back in ~2007. I had used piggy-back type ECU controls up until then. ATR is still free for the Mazdas. Cobb Tuning is by far the best deal (hardware and software) for ECU tuning. I also run their FMIC setup, but I'm not a buy-all fan-boy as far as that goes either. I buy what I think is the best product for my goals.