Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wife is getting a new car Kia stinger, g70, Mazda 3 turbo

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...X-to-Debut-in-Nov-at-LA-Auto-Show&p=113176741

The torsion beam is tucked up very high in the chassis. Guess it's why the rear cargo space is so limited (really my only gripe on the 19+ Mazda3).
That is weird!
Are they the only ones doing this currently?

Is there any performance/engineering benefit to that setup, or does it just help keep the extra cost of a fully indie rear suspension system off of the sticker?

That is weird!
Are they the only ones doing this currently?

Is there any performance/engineering benefit to that setup, or does it just help keep the extra cost of a fully indie rear suspension system off of the sticker?
Savagegeese asked one of the Mazda engineers about this when he did his in-depth review of the new Mazda3. If I remember right, they said it was purely a cost savings measure; they claimed there was no advantage in their testing to going with a fully independent setup, so they opted for the torsion beam instead.

Savagegeese asked one of the Mazda engineers about this when he did his in-depth review of the new Mazda3. If I remember right, they said it was purely a cost savings measure; they claimed there was no advantage in their testing to going with a fully independent setup, so they opted for the torsion beam instead.
That’s weird, I read it was to make the car smoother by simplifying stuff. Way I see it, a torsion bean has barely any bushings - and bushings suck. They wiggle and shake, they load up like springs. The bushing setup made the car so smooth that they were able to install stiff springs and shocks while maintaining ride comfort (almost).

The Mazda CX3 also has torsion best 4WD and if the moose test videos on YouTube are anything to go by: that one doesn’t work well lmao

That’s weird, I read it was to make the car smoother by simplifying stuff. Way I see it, a torsion bean has barely any bushings - and bushings suck. They wiggle and shake, they load up like springs. The bushing setup made the car so smooth that they were able to install stiff springs and shocks while maintaining ride comfort (almost).

The Mazda CX3 also has torsion best 4WD and if the moose test videos on YouTube are anything to go by: that one doesn’t work well lmao
I'll have to go back and watch the video, I don't remember exactly. I recall them saying it was to save cost because they didn't see enough reason to spend a bunch more money engineering an independent setup. Possibly because they felt the ride quality was already good enough with the torsion beam.

OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
I believe we may go with the G70.

I will try to break down the cars.
Kia stinger GT1 all-wheel drive around $50,000 we were able to get a $44,000 out the door price that includes everything.
My wife says the kia stinger has the least comfortable seats but still comfortable, and overall she liked the car. She did say avoid the four cylinder drives like a snail. Kia is going to fix this they're adding a new four cylinder for the 2022 model that is 25% bigger and has about 20% more power.

Genesis g70 elite all-wheel drive.
about $50,000 with an out the door price of $42,000 and a much better dealership experience. The Genesis includes three years of maintenance even though I do my own work I'll take a freebie. They will also drop off a car at your house and pick it up and service it. I like that because that tells me if your car goes in for warranty work you will get a loaner car that is a big plus to me. My wife says the g70 as the most comfortable seats this is important she has back and neck problems. It also has the best visibility. One big problem though and one we are trying to solve the dealership only had gray interior models with the 3.3 and all-wheel drive. It's definitely not gray it's white and she hates it. We found another dealership that's actually closer that has two sport models with black interiors now the sport models are about $4,000 more expensive than the elite package so we are contacting them now and seeing what we can do.

Mazda 3 premium remember the turbo is not out yet.
The Mazda has the best interior it also has the best looking infotainment screen, and it's not a touchscreen everything is controlled by knobs. The Mazda has the second best seats. Only one negative on the interior too much black gloss plastic.

So why not get the Mazda well I would like to get the Mazda but this car is for my wife. She likes the Mazda she currently has one now and it will be my daily driver once she gets a new vehicle. She would like to try something different so g70 here we come. She did let me get the Fiesta ST no problem.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I spent north of $40k on the Golf R. Did they ever offer me a loaner? Heck no. The last visit I made for service they gave me a free Lyft in a ten year old Camry with a slipping transmission. Maybe they actually are trying with Genesis.

TemecFist

Have you thought about the Hyundai Veloster N ? It has a DCT for 2020. Good price on them as well, plus they are QUICK

OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
Have you thought about the Hyundai Veloster N ? It has a DCT for 2020. Good price on them as well, plus they are QUICK
The wife does not care for them. Her back and neck are in bad shape so we are going for comfort.

OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #29
If everything works out we will be getting a 2020 g70 3.3 all-wheel drive sport.

Price $53,520.
Out the door price with everything included $43,520. Also a excellent interest rate for the loan.

The g70 all wheel drive has a lsd.
The kia stinger all-wheel drive does not have a lsd they take it away in the all-wheel drive models what a shame.

Genesis of Concord is getting this car for us from Genesis of North Richmond.

Last edited:
Damn that's a steal! I have been eyeing the 2.0t sport for my next car but if you can grab 3.3 for the same price that is the way to go.

Sent from my Nokia 9 using Tapatalk

OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
Damn that's a steal! I have been eyeing the 2.0t sport for my next car but if you can grab 3.3 for the same price that is the way to go.

Sent from my Nokia 9 using Tapatalk
The 2.0 is a dog. We got $12,000 off. North Carolina car tax is 3%.
The 2022 model will have a 2.5 turbo that will definitely have more power than the 2.0.

OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #34
The first one we were going to get had gray stitching instead of red, but the dealership didn't want to let the car go to the dealership we are buying from. Plus we found out the car had 2,600 mi on it what the heck for a new car.

So it looks like everything actually worked out for the better because this car has the better blue, and the red looks nice I'll get used to it. This car also won't have almost 3,000 mi on it.

Genesis of Concord has been great they are owned by the modern group. Genesis of Winston-Salem is under Bob King avoid them.

If everything works out we will be getting a 2020 g70 3.3 all-wheel drive sport.

Price $53,520.
Out the door price with everything included $43,520. Also a excellent interest rate for the loan.

The g70 all wheel drive has a lsd.
The kia stinger all-wheel drive does not have a lsd they take it away in the all-wheel drive models what a shame.

Genesis of Concord is getting this car for us from Genesis of North Richmond.

Beautiful car, brother👍✌🤟✊👊👌😎🤩

OP
Ford ST

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #37
Beautiful car, brother[emoji106][emoji111][emoji2937][emoji110][emoji109][emoji108][emoji41][emoji2956]
Thank you we should be taking delivery of it tomorrow. They really have gone above and beyond the sales rep drove over an hour and a half to come to my home last night to sign the paperwork. Another employee today drove from Concord North Carolina to Richmond Virginia to pick up the car and drove it back to Concord. They will be doing a inspection and detail tomorrow and then driving a hour and a half to our home. The level of customer service has been great.

23% off the manufacturer suggested retail price, and all maintenance covered for 3 years/ 36,000 MI at any Genesis dealership.

I've never owned a car before that could do 0 to 60 in 4.5 seconds so kind of exciting.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
The wife does not care for them. Her back and neck are in bad shape so we are going for comfort.

Sounds like you made the right choice. Fast AND comfy. Nothing is fun if your back or neck is hurting.
My sister had a car that she really liked, but it messed with her back. She sold it and bought a Lexus.

Last edited:
I want to replace the Fiesta with a G70 3.3 next summer. Having trouble finding one w/ less than 10k miles for about $35k. Maybe next year there will be more inventory.

I want to replace the Fiesta with a G70 3.3 next summer. Having trouble finding one w/ less than 10k miles for about $35k. Maybe next year there will be more inventory.
If I didn't have a pathological aversion to sedans, I'd strongly consider one. They're the perfect size, I think. I don't know what I'd replace my FiST with if I couldn't find another. Mazda3 in manual maybe? A GTI? Guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.