Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Will I run into any problems with this wheel/tire/spring/ setup?

I'm going to buy some new wheels, tires, and lowering springs for my 15 FiST and want to make sure everything fits and what problems I may have with this set up.

Niche NR6 17x7.5 +45 offset
Continental DWS06 215/45/17
H&R sport springs

Thanks for any help given

You might with that taller tire. Im running 17x7.5 +40 but 215/40 and i have zero rub.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I would agree that a 45 series tire is asking for issues.

Not alot of clearence! by Bryan Redeker, on Flickr

These are P215/45 17 tires on a stock ride height non-ST Fiesta. I did not even attempt to drive with these installed after seeing how close they were to the fender, bumper covers, and rear quarter. P215/40 17 on the other hand fits great.

OP
T
Thread Starter #4
Ok guys ( BRGT350 and Boricuakid) thanks for the info and from first hand experience makes it better, so new question is what is an excellent all weather tire in 215/40 then. I really like the dsw's, my wife has them on her scion tc, but they don't make a tire that size or even close to that dimensional size. Also is there going to be any issues with the 17x7.5 +45 offset and the lowering springs. Would really love a pic of the setup to get a better idea on the stance of it. I would like to get some of the wheel well gone and get my center of gravity down lower. It feels a little top heavy when I took it on the Tail of the Dragon last year.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
no idea on an all-season tires as I haven't used one since December 2000. In Michigan, all season tires just don't work. We can get 100+ inches of snow each winter, so maximum snow traction is a must. I have pretty good reviews of the optional all season tire that Ford offers, but not sure of the exact spec.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Some call the Nitto Neo Gen (which is made in that size) an all season tire-I would NOT, between the 280 tread wear, and their tread pattern, I would never want to be caught out in a snow storm (let alone ICE! [crazyeye]) on them!

There are no all seasons listed in that size on any of the 'major' retail tire sellers' sites (but some actual H rated/HP, winter/snows listed, strangely enough).

Someone, somewhere might make one, but I do not know of them, ANYONE???

Ok guys ( BRGT350 and Boricuakid) thanks for the info and from first hand experience makes it better, so new question is what is an excellent all weather tire in 215/40 then. I really like the dsw's, my wife has them on her scion tc, but they don't make a tire that size or even close to that dimensional size. Also is there going to be any issues with the 17x7.5 +45 offset and the lowering springs. Would really love a pic of the setup to get a better idea on the stance of it. I would like to get some of the wheel well gone and get my center of gravity down lower. It feels a little top heavy when I took it on the Tail of the Dragon last year.
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...l-Fiesta-ST-Wheels-Thread?p=137816#post137816

Post #610

I have no rubbing issues what so ever, even over bumps. I dont know if the same can be said as your set up will be 5mm more towards the inner.

Waterfan

Just making sure you are aware, the wheels you have chosen are barely lighter (21lbs) than OEM (22.5) and will provide almost no performance benefit.

As it appears you are concerned with performance, may I suggest upgrading to a lightweight 16x7" wheel where your favorite DWS tire will fit perfectly in 205/45-16, even after lowering? (examples of lighter 16" wheels here. Note the affordable and light Sparco Assetto Gara (17lbs, $130). Or even cheaper, my wheel, 16x7 ET40 Maxxim Winner (16.7lbs, $100))

OP
T
Thread Starter #9
Thanks for all the help and information. Now it's time for decisions...