Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Winter tire shenanigans

SPhilli911

You all may laugh, but I really did have hub caps on my steel wheels for a season. Not for the sweet looks it got me, but it was an attempt to cover the exposed hub and minimize the rust.

Yes. They were 5 lug too. :ROFLMAO:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
You all may laugh, but I really did have hub caps on my steel wheels for a season. Not for the sweet looks it got me, but it was an attempt to cover the exposed hub and minimize the rust.

Yes. They were 5 lug too. :ROFLMAO:
Where was that pic taken? [thumb] (That looks SOOOO inviting!)

Almost reminds me of the long gone Maine WINTER Forest Rally stage roads, except that the banks would be much higher, and no dirt/gravel would be showing through the snow cover on those roads, up near Rangeley. [wink]

SPhilli911

Where was that pic taken? [thumb] (That looks SOOOO inviting!)

Almost reminds me of the long gone Maine WINTER Forest Rally stage roads, except that the banks would be much higher, and no dirt/gravel would be showing through the snow cover on those roads, up near Rangeley. [wink]
It's just some local road nearby in Connecticut. Sadly, as inviting as it looks to have fun rallying down, it is a neighborhood with occasional traffic. Just went for a photo op!

I kinda wanna Paint/Dip my winter wheels but I can’t decide on a color. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
You have a neutral car color. So just about anything goes.

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
It breaks up the boredom of winter wheels. Plus if it gets damaged its no biggie.

Gloss is so good we can read that phone number. Wonder who will answer. Hmmmmm...... ;)
Thanks, lol, I do like to keep it shiny.

For inquiring minds, it's an Ecuadorian Express Taxi. My upstairs neighbor drives for them (or used to, cab ain't moved since March, cause of the 'rona. Poor thing, I haven't even seen them run the engine but once)

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is what happened after 5 years of using steel wheels in the winters of Connecticut. The state drops chemicals on the roads that destroys cars. :mad:

I ended up leaving my steel wheels and winter tires on the curb so someone would take them and I picked up 15" Sparco Terra wheels and Michelin X-Ice tires:
I love those rims! Some day I'll put a set on my car . . .