Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

With even a Cobb stage 1 making so much more low end and fun to drive, what's the catch?

Spork1569

so would you recommend me to buy a Cobb AP and use an OTS tune?
That's the route I'd take, if you can find a used one on sale you can get em for like 300-400 dollars, and even the stage 1 OTS tune really wakes up the car.

Most people just uninstall the AP before going to the dealer to avoid warranty scuffles.

That's the route I'd take, if you can find a used one on sale you can get em for like 300-400 dollars, and even the stage 1 OTS tune really wakes up the car.

Most people just uninstall the AP before going to the dealer to avoid warranty scuffles.
I might buy this used one through this forum. Just wanted to make sure that was a route I should go, thanks man, I appreciate the help.

Spork1569

I might buy this used one through this forum. Just wanted to make sure that was a route I should go, thanks man, I appreciate the help.
They also pop up on FB marketplace and OfferUp if you use either apps, just make sure you're buying an unmarried one and you're good to go.

They also pop up on FB marketplace and OfferUp if you use either apps, just make sure you're buying an unmarried one and you're good to go.
Yeah, the guy I'm talking with tells me its unmarried. Hopefully I can get it. I haven't used FB in years. But hearing about that market place is making me want to go just to see what's for sale.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #67
I know I am probably asking questions asked before so sorry in advance to all, but... is a pro tune same as a customs tune? or am I confusing the two?
Oh, no, good question... A Pro Tune is just one from someone certified as a Cobb Pro Tuner by Cobb, so it could be flash or custom, it's just guaranteed to meet Cobb's safety parameters and not bypass anything. Cobb has their own "Off The Shelf" stage tunes for free but aren't very optimized and have far too of an aggressive list of requirements that aren't necessary. You can run their free Stage 2 stock, but should have an IC upgrade for Stage 3 that's it.. On the other hand, a 3rd party Pro Tune Stage 1 without even an intercooler typically outperforms the Cobb Stage 3 and is safe to run stock. These typically are from Stratified or Dizzy and only run $75 and are well worth it over the free OTS tunes.