Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wobble Lug Nuts for fitment of 4x100 wheels?

Has anyone tried using wobble lug nuts to fit a 4x100 wheel? Seems like a straight-forward and safe solution to the odd 4x108 bolt pattern, unless 8mm is too much of a difference.

pic of a wobble bolt for reference

airjor13

2000 Post Club
never heard of these, but they don't look safe to me. I would fair to say proper lugs and torque is very important.

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
never heard of these, but they don't look safe to me. I would fair to say proper lugs and torque is very important.
You never heard of them so they are not safe. got it, thanks for weighing in.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
You never heard of them so they are not safe. got it, thanks for weighing in.
Yep but this morning I found Google and the VW "stance" guys seem to love it if that means anything to you.

Anything that is under force, rotates and is torqued off-center is asking for trouble, plus 8mm is too much, the limits of the wobble nuts seem to be 2-3mm.

ryst

Based on the pic, you would only gain 4.8MM of spacing (2.4mm on each lug). You'd need 8mm of spacing to make these work.

I think they're designed for people who want to go from like 5x112 to 5x114.3

I agree with airjor, but IMO these seem safer than those sketchy adapter plates people use, at lest your wheel is resting against the factory hub. Not saying it's a "good" solution, but it's probably more safe than SOME alternatives :)

rexdriver85

I've never seen these either. How can they attain proper torque if they are designed to be off center? Even if it does it seems like a stress point.

Looks like someone thought if you egg out a hole to make something fit that doesn't line up than you can apply it to a wheel as well.

Doesn't look safe to me. Plus we have lug nuts not lug bolts. Those look like they are for the euro community.

But maybe I am wrong.

I used these on my Astra to run 5x112 on 5x110. Autocrossed on them with no issues, that car used bolts though, they do make wobble nuts too but I highly doubt you could make them work with 8 mm difference in pcd

Used these on my Abarth to go from 4x98 to 4x100 with no problems whatsoever, but 8mm is too much. They will not work or be safe for that matter.