Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wondering if I can do this when I get my FiST

Hey all, so it appears my purchase has had to be moved up a bit, so I've been doing some more research and prep for when I get my car. Regarding tunes and the stereo, I have an old Android phone that I would like to set up with Spotify and keep in the car to control with MFT. Basically, I would make my playlists available offline so they will download to the phone whenever I'm on my home wifi (it'll reach to the car). My question is, can I connect more than one device via Bluetooth to Sync? And if not, would I be able to control the Spotify app with MFT through USB?

FocusMike

You can only connect one device at a time. I use the iheartradio app which I can change channels from MFT, I think you can probably do the same in Spotify.

I would just use the USB port or the headphone jack in the armrest to connect your old phone, and use it like an MP3 player. I was doing this with an iPod for a while till I started using the SD card slot. I used some velcro on the iPod and stuck to the side of the inside to keep it out of the way. This keeps your bluetooth free to use with your real phone, so you retain all of the phone functions through sync.

OP
fire_n_ice
Thread Starter #4
Would I be able to control Spotify via Sync through the USB? The files will be on the phone locally, but they're in a format that's only recognized by the Spotify app, so I won't be able to directly access them as a normal mp3 player.

Would I be able to control Spotify via Sync through the USB? The files will be on the phone locally, but they're in a format that's only recognized by the Spotify app, so I won't be able to directly access them as a normal mp3 player.
I can't be 100% sure, but there is a Spotify app in sync, and it does not say that it can only be used over bluetooth. Take your old phone with you to the dealer, and try it The dealer I bought my car from let me connect my phone on the test drive. I have a feeling that it will work just fine through the USB though.

***UPDATE***

I just tried Spotify through the USB and it play the songs, but there is no voice control. I looked around a bit and found out that you will need to have the phone connected to the USB AND the bluetooth for AppLink to work correctly. Hope this helps

OP
fire_n_ice
Thread Starter #6
Hmmm, well I got my car today :)D) and tried Spotify after pairing up my main phone. It shows up on the screen and I can control it via the wheel buttons, but when I hit play, it only plays for maybe a second, then it'll pause on its own. I did get it to work one time after inadvertently calling my voicemail from the quick dial menu and hanging up.

I have spotify on my phone and it works fine with MFT as far as controls and display goes. Never had the pausing issue.

OP
fire_n_ice
Thread Starter #8
Yeah I think it was just a glitch with the app. After a phone reboot and setting up Motorola Assist to play bluetooth audio through Spotify, it started working. I still have to actually open the app and hit Play if I've been away from the car for an extended amount of time, but I can live with that.