Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #262
Weird, did you buy straight from DHM or DaVinci, etc.
I bought it from a local guy who purchased it directly from DHM when it was released. It’s most certainly one of their earlier ICs. I didn’t remove the skin, so I’m not 100% sure the diverter plates are missing. It vibrated like a drum head until we welded that pipe in. Regardless, the end tanks needed more stability. Hopefully this will permanently fix them.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #263
On a side note, the Federal RS-Pro tires aren’t loud and grip seems great. I have a weekend event at Road Atlanta in a few weeks. I’ll have a proper opinion after that. They’re WIDE for a 215. They bulge a bit on my 7” wide wheels.

I've been lurking in this thread a little while and this track oriented build is so sick. Do you know the weight of those TD Pro Race 3?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #265
I've been lurking in this thread a little while and this track oriented build is so sick. Do you know the weight of those TD Pro Race 3?

I didn't but I'd say around 18-19lbs. My OZ wheels are a bit lighter. The Tarmacs are so heavy it's laughable.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
On a side note, the Federal RS-Pro tires aren’t loud and grip seems great. I have a weekend event at Road Atlanta in a few weeks. I’ll have a proper opinion after that. They’re WIDE for a 215. They bulge a bit on my 7” wide wheels.

Is the actual tread width wider than the 215/40-17 RS-RRs??

Are they substantially quieter than the RS-RRs were?

I didn't but I'd say around 18-19lbs. My OZ wheels are a bit lighter. The Tarmacs are so heavy it's laughable.
Thanks for the response. The fact that they also seem to be your chosen track wheel might actually be enough to push me into finalizing my wheel choice.

I heard from a FoST owner the Tarmacs were something like 25 pounds for an "18 wheel. Crazy

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #268
Thanks for the response. The fact that they also seem to be your chosen track wheel might actually be enough to push me into finalizing my wheel choice.

I heard from a FoST owner the Tarmacs were something like 25 pounds for an "18 wheel. Crazy

If I buy another set it’ll the the OZ Ultras. They’re light and strong. The Pumaspeed Track Light wheels look good too and are about the same weight as the Pro Race 3 but 1/2” wider...and less expensive. I love the looks of the Pro Race 3. That’s the main reason I bought them. I do wish they were a bit lighter but I’m not competing for anything haha.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #269
Is the actual tread width wider than the 215/40-17 RS-RRs??

Are they substantially quieter than the RS-RRs were?
You’ll have to check Federal’s website for tread width info. I’ve never run the RSRR but the RS Pro tires aren’t loud at all. I read about the RSRR noise and my buddies that run them say they hum like mud terrains. My tires certainly don’t sound like that.

slopoke

I'm considering going with the Federal tires because of price point and dry grip. How are the tires in the wet?

Erick_V

I had Federal RSR's and rain grip was never a problem. If it's raining and you drive accordingly you won't have an issue. I never felt like I was going to suddenly lose control of the car even in heavy rain

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #272
I'm considering going with the Federal tires because of price point and dry grip. How are the tires in the wet?
The RSR was fine. I have not driven the RS Pro in rain yet. They should be fine, given the tread design.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Looks like the car has a rear mounted radiator. It’s so the air can pass through it and escape at the back end
That is the exact way MOST of the Global/US/World Rallycross cars (including the Scoobies, etc.) are set up, so that front end damage to the radiator from 'sporting contact' will not disable them from continuing . [wink] [driving]

Is this engine bay photo proof that an open intake isn’t the end of the world? I’ve seen a lot of debate here about closed versus open intakes. I’ve considered one, because I want the induction noise, but I don’t want to kill the extra power I’m trying to develop through other modifications.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #279
Is this engine bay photo proof that an open intake isn’t the end of the world? I’ve seen a lot of debate here about closed versus open intakes. I’ve considered one, because I want the induction noise, but I don’t want to kill the extra power I’m trying to develop through other modifications.
To my knowledge, the ITG and 2J are the only open intakes in cold locations. You can’t go wrong with the ITG. It’s louder than others but not nearly as loud in the cabin as the 2J.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5