Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Woods247 BrokeFiST Build

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I also installed the revised CPE resonator to quiet down my exhaust.
Did you get the one other prototype of that revised resonator from Mitch directly (since it is still in the testing stages, and he is not even sure it will be released to the public yet)?

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #229
Did you get the one other prototype of that revised resonator from Mitch directly (since it is still in the testing stages, and he is not even sure it will be released to the public yet)?
I’m sure I got one of the first but I doubt it’s a prototype. If it is, it’s perfect. As soon as Mitch gave the green light they shipped it to me. I waited patiently for the new design because I had two of the old ones fail. I think this one is quieter than the old version but it’s been a long time since I’ve run a resonator. It is way better now, in my opinion.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #230
EDIT: The whistle is just as bad. I had a cracked intercooler (boost leak). After I fixed it, the noise came back with a vengeance. It’s awful.

I installed the new Pumaspeed turbo inlet and the consistent whistle at 3K is gone. You can hear it under partial throttle acceleration but the annoying highway cruising whistle is gone. New gnarly sounds come out of my ITG intake as well. If the whistle bothers you, the new Pumaspeed inlet might be for you: http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-Brand-New---Pumaspeed-Racing-Billet-CNC-Turbo-Inlet_17873.jsp

It feels like my X47 spoils a bit quicker as well but I need to log to confirm.

Last edited:

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Wow man. This is an amazing build. Can I ask why you decided on the ITG vs something with a closed box? And did you retain your bigmouth after you switched to the ITG?

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Wow man. This is an amazing build. Can I ask why you decided on the ITG vs something with a closed box? And did you retain your bigmouth after you switched to the ITG?
I retained my big mouth when I got the ITG just because I think it still looks cool and don't care to take the bumper off to get it out. Plus that nut when I installed it was a PITA to put in so I'm not taking it out lol

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I retained my big mouth when I got the ITG just because I think it still looks cool and don't care to take the bumper off to get it out. Plus that nut when I installed it was a PITA to put in so I'm not taking it out lol
Yea so I've heard. I haven't gotten one yet, but I don't see the point of it if there is not a box its flowing to, like with the ITG.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #234
I went with the ITG because Ron had an open box one for cheap and he’d just released his Whoosh crossover pipe that pairs up with it. Like TDavis said, the Big Mouth is there just because... It works really well with the stock airbox and snorkel. Next time my bumper is off, I’ll remove it. I use a headlight duct on the track now. My AP regularly reports intake temps a couple of degrees cooler than ambient, with the ITG. I don’t know how that’s possible but the numbers are there.. The location of the ITG filter is ideal because it’s below the headlight and out of the engine bay. It’s an unnecessary mod but I love the crazy sounds it makes.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I went with the ITG because Ron had an open box one for cheap and he’d just released his Whoosh crossover pipe that pairs up with it. Like TDavis said, the Big Mouth is there just because... It works really well with the stock airbox and snorkel. Next time my bumper is off, I’ll remove it. I use a headlight duct on the track now. My AP regularly reports intake temps a couple of degrees cooler than ambient, with the ITG. I don’t know how that’s possible but the numbers are there.. The location of the ITG filter is ideal because it’s below the headlight and out of the engine bay. It’s an unnecessary mod but I love the crazy sounds it makes.
Do you think it performs better than one with a box? I'm stuck between a CP-e and the ITG. Its quite frustrating.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #236
Do you think it performs better than one with a box? I'm stuck between a CP-e and the ITG. Its quite frustrating.
I had the same dilemma. I picked the ITG over the CPE simply because it was different and I liked the location of the filter. I don’t think you’ll see any performance gains from either over the stock airbox. If there are, it’s minimal and likely unnoticeable. I wanted an intake because I like the sounds. They still crack me up every time I drive the car. The ITG is loud. It’s gotta be louder than the CPE. The 2J cowl induction is likely the only intake available that’s louder. Between the two, I’d say ITG for killer sound and CPE for moderate sounds and better looks. Appearance is part of my build but for a track car, it’s function first. The ITG functions better than stock according to my AP. I feel like the only advantage of the CPE over stock is appearance. I’ve never run one so I can’t comment on intake temps.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I had the same dilemma. I picked the ITG over the CPE simply because it was different and I liked the location of the filter. I don’t think you’ll see any performance gains from either over the stock airbox. If there are, it’s minimal and likely unnoticeable. I wanted an intake because I like the sounds. They still crack me up every time I drive the car. The ITG is loud. It’s gotta be louder than the CPE. The 2J cowl induction is likely the only intake available that’s louder. Between the two, I’d say ITG for killer sound and CPE for moderate sounds and better looks. Appearance is part of my build but for a track car, it’s function first. The ITG functions better than stock according to my AP. I feel like the only advantage of the CPE over stock is appearance. I’ve never run one so I can’t comment on intake temps.
I have an MAPerformance short ram right now, and let me tell you it heat soaks to shit after a few pulls. I built a headlight with a NACA duct similar to what you bought, it worked alright on the track, but obviously I can't drive around with that on normally. Not super concerned about sound or looks, I'm also a function > form guy and the ITG is the only one that sits outside the engine bay. I was always just concerned with water getting in, and its placement in the bumper.

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #238
I have an MAPerformance short ram right now, and let me tell you it heat soaks to shit after a few pulls. I built a headlight with a NACA duct similar to what you bought, it worked alright on the track, but obviously I can't drive around with that on normally. Not super concerned about sound or looks, I'm also a function > form guy and the ITG is the only one that sits outside the engine bay. I was always just concerned with water getting in, and its placement in the bumper.
It definitely doesn’t get wet. I’ve tracked in downpours and immediately checked after the session was over and it was totally dry. There wasn’t any water anywhere near the area where the filter sits. By the way, I don’t think the headlight duct does shit. The inside of the duct pushes air over the top of the filter. I might rig some of my extra brake ducting hose to divert it down towards the filter. Clearly this is all done out of boredom because I ain’t making up any time on the track with that headlight mod. I’m gong to run it at CMS this weekend and see if temps are any better. I’m not holding my breath..

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It definitely doesn’t get wet. I’ve tracked in downpours and immediately checked after the session was over and it was totally dry. There wasn’t any water anywhere near the area where the filter sits. By the way, I don’t think the headlight duct does shit. The inside of the duct pushes air over the top of the filter. I might rig some of my extra brake ducting hose to divert it down towards the filter. Clearly this is all done out of boredom because I ain’t making up any time on the track with that headlight mod. I’m gong to run it at CMS this weekend and see if temps are any better. I’m not holding my breath..
My friends were asking how my washer fluid cooler was doing last track day :rolleyes:

Alright I think the ITG might be the best candidate here. Its cheaper than the CP-e.... if you have a induction tube.... that I do not have.... anymore.... lol

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I can attest to the ITG as well. Its loud but not loud enough to where its unbearable. No regrets here getting the ITG over anything else.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MKVIIST Fiesta of The Month Winners 5